Will My Case and PSU Handle The 8800Gtx?

themega

Beta member
Sorry again for the frantic, frequent, and furious questions but: Do you my PSU is enough to cool down a C2D E6400 CPU, 8800gtx, and a 680sli mother board? And do you think my case is big enough to hold in the 8800gtx? Just those two questions.

Tech Specs Of My PSU and Case

can this case fit the 8800gtx? ---> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811156062 _________________________________________________________________

P.S. I know there was a thread posted on cases holding the 8800gtx, but that was last year in November/December, if the thread is still conversing, please let me know also, BUT PLEASE ANSWER THOSE TWO QUESTIONS.

Well first off your PSU doesn't cool your processor. That should be able to handel the 8800gtx without a problem. Just one though not enough juice to SLI them. If you plan on doing that go bigger. 2nd the case you mentioned shouldn't have any problems fitting a 8800gtx. Any midtower should be able to accomodate it. Most likely its going to take 2 slots on your back one for the card one for the fan. So you may lose a PCI slot. Also the case you have mentioned has a 500watt PSU with it. If your planning on buying a better PSU you may want to look for a case that doesn't come with a PSU. No sense paying for something your getting. Sure its probally only worth maybe $20 bucks bundled PSU's are normally junk but just my 2 cents.

its BARELY got the watts BUT
your psu output
+12V1@16A,+12V2@14A=30amps MAX
8800 input
power supply with a combined 12V current rating of 32A or more*

with out the amps your wasting huge amounts of performance and the 8800 it self probaly sucks more than half those 32 away and the C2D wont half enough to run at peak performance

buy a new psu or you will waste your money on a 8800 with deproved performacne or system crashes

Back
Top Bottom