will i have any issues after OS transfer?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
im upgrading to SSD and thinking of transferring OS from optical drive to ssd

will I have any issues with windows system after moving to ssd since the disk management is slightly different for ssd?

or will the windows optimize itself for different type of drive after transfer?

There's no doubt - yes you can get all the bugs and problems you have currently and then some more.
And some of them cause a lot of headaches because you can't find them and if you find out some of them, usually there's no way to fix them.
My recommendation is - make a clean installation and then copy your files.
Then at least you will have a perfectly decent and up to date Windows and you won't have to start looking for errors.

ended up just reinstalling windows.
all this clone software bullsht just wasted 2 hours and ended up nowhere

copying from optical to ssd
half of them didnt offer OS migrate other half couldn't copy and gave errors.
or I had to buy it to actually do anything...
the technology supposed to make our life easier. but it doesn't when theres too much junk technology around

for every one good tech theres about 100 of junk crap that is floating around

I can see people turning away from technology and just sticking to basic sht now and I totally understand why.

ended up just reinstalling windows.
all this clone software bullsht just wasted 2 hours and ended up nowhere

copying from optical to ssd
half of them didnt offer OS migrate other half couldn't copy and gave errors.
or I had to buy it to actually do anything...
the technology supposed to make our life easier. but it doesn't when theres too much junk technology around

for every one good tech theres about 100 of junk crap that is floating around

I can see people turning away from technology and just sticking to basic sht now and I totally understand why.
Could have just asked. The software I use is as easy as downloading their free software, making a boot USB, booting to it, telling it to clone the drive and done.

Macrium Reflect is got to be one of the most easiest (and free) programs to use for cloning a drive, too bad the O.P. never asked

well I tried to use google and downloaded about 10 different programs. none of them worked. after wasting 2 hours I just reinstalled windows...
too much garbage online now. hard to find any real sht that's actually does what it says it does

By your verbiage it sounds as though you were trying to transfer your system from within Windows.

Never had a problem that i can recall aside from a licensing issues on on some commercial software. Even with that all that had to be done was to delete the DB and let it rebuild.

Cloning is what you should have been looking for.
I also use Macrium Reflect as well as Acronis True Image. Either one is a solid choice.

Note, be sure to use the correct format associated with your mother board, UEFI or BIOS.
UEFI= GPT
BIOS= MBR
Good Luck

I tried from within windows and from another pc and wavlink docking station and bunch of other ways. none worked.
there were no issues with that drive it was a working pc booted up etc.

Back
Top Bottom