Will I have a job with an AAS in IT?

acerthorn

Beta member
I'm currently planning on returning to college after a multi-year absence. I want to change my major to IT, since that seems to be what I'm good at.

However, I recently learned that, shortly after my previous withdrawal, Congress put in a new 6-year lifetime limit on Pell Grants ... and that this limit was to be applied retroactively.

I've already spent five semesters getting pell grants, which means I'm just one semester short of being able to complete my bachelor's degree (and only two of my classes will be able to transfer from my old major, so I won't be able to shave off an entire semester based purely on transfer credits).

As you can see from this link ...

Department of Computer and Information Science - Undergraduate Catalog - Arkansas Tech University

... the AAS in information technology (scroll down to the bottom) has me taking the exact same classes as a Bachelor's in IT (right above the AAS). I'm just taking the classes in a different order, is all (e.g. in the bachelor's cirriculum, business speaking is taken during Junior Fall semester, whereas it's taken in the Sophmore Spring semester during the AAS).

Would I be likely to get a job - maybe just an entry level "geek squad" computer repair at Best Buy, or some other similar position - with just an AAS? Maybe I could get my AAS, and leave open the possibility of continuing towards a bachelor's degree (possibly part-time, online).

I have an AA in IT. It and a buck-fiddy will get me a cup of coffee.

Back
Top Bottom