Will everyone please take 30 seconds to help me..

MikeReiner said:
22 credits?? WTF!? I have to have 27.0 credits, and i'm forced to take a test which can also determine whether I graduate or not.

Our school is 27 Credits too.

Flipper said:
This is honestly wrong...I mean...maybe if we were students but we are not...I voted keep it as a requirement.

Thats not what I asked you to do. Youdont go to the school. Its either do what I ask, or dont do anything at all. Plain and simply, you shouldnt have voted.

Id give you bad rep, but it wont let me right now, because I need to spread it around before giving it to you again.

Anyways, thank you everyone!

Crabby... said:
I live in Washington State and have to take the WASL next year...it is completely stupid and obserd! 1 test should not decide your future.....even most of the teachers at my school dislike it....

DUDE!! Where do you live?

You are handing out bad rep points if people don't vote against the thing? I think that vote rigging and dragging us in to it.

Arrizx,
After talking to you I have decided to give you another go at this. Just remember what I said in my pm...

Personally, tests are important to provide a national (Or state-based) standard for students. It's no secret that some schools or classes may actually have an easier time than others - for a varying degree of reasons, some teachers are not as good as others. By eliminating tests (Or allowing those with "high" grades to choose not to write) they are allowing those who may have had an easier class and work load to skip this standard. By providing a test that all students must pass - we ensure that the knowledge base of all students who pass is similar and/or equal in some respects, and so other discrepancies of public education are made up for in some ways. If we don't have this, we are letting those who may have even cheated in course work (Or even those who were not challenged intellectually by their teacher, and are behind the standard of acceptable knowledge) to get by without being tested - putting them on the same, if not higher level, than those who are more intellectually capable in the subject(s) at hand.

With that said, it's your school and your choice, although that could mean your competition for post-secondary out of high school consists of a group of savage barbarians barely capable of synthesizing a coherent sentence.

Teachers won't like it because if they're lazy, it means they are required to teach their students a standard of knowledge - and in doing so, actually effectively doing their job. And they are also pressured to uphold a certain average of capable students when the test is administered, which can be stressful for a teacher.

With all this said, I've decided to help you, because I see the unfair aspects of it - to have your future depending on such a test is ridiculously stressful for a student - and the stress itself may even lead to a student doing worse on the test as a direct result - or maybe even failing. There are other ways public education could be improved to make tests like this unnecessary, but since they won't because the cost and consideration involved would be greater, they choose to make it a test. Effective - and unfair.

I live in Canada, and I have to take 30 credits to pass, not 27, and definitely not 22. We have a test that we take in grade 10 called the "Literacy Test", and if we fail , we don't graduate. If you fail, you just write it the next year. Its no big deal.

JustinMcG67 said:
I supposse if we're sharing school websites I should post mine. Take a look, it's an OK school. Right now we are the largest school in Oregon, plus, we are the only school in Oregon implementing the "Small Schools Intutive" which basically takes one super-school, and breaks it up into 'academies'. Our school has 4 academies, the HHS (Health & Human Services) ; MBA (Media & Business Academy) ; ET (Engineering & Technology) ; and finally the Arts academy.

Here's the website... :)

http://www.hsd.k12.or.us/liberty/

you better be on that lacrosse team...

Thats not what I asked you to do. Youdont go to the school. Its either do what I ask, or dont do anything at all. Plain and simply, you shouldnt have voted.

You are telling people to vote for something that is unethical.
If someone were to send the link of this thread to the owner of this site...the person who had the
idea for the poll...I don't think they would be quite happy.

Get your own student body to vote...not your internet friends.

I simply asked you all to do this for me. They will never know

You obviously know this is wrong. So just stop it.

David Lindon said:
Doesn't that defeat the whole point of a vote? Itsn't it unethical to vote if the decision could affect others when it is not anything to do with ourselves?

That is 100% true with the exception of the people who actually have to take this test...which is very few compared to the amount of peoples' attention he is getting in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom