Will different homeplugs work together?

jambab

Baseband Member
Whenever searching around the web this question seems to be a bit of a grey area when it comes to homeplugs.

I recently bought some TP-Link homeplugs the 500AV ones, currently i got the BT Vision ones that come as default which are these ones.

TP-Link 500AV Ones:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-PA4...9N3O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354636291&sr=8-2

BT Vision Ones:
BT Comtrend Powerline HD Ethernet Female Kit (055866) - BT Shop

So what I'm trying to ask is will they both work together? if yes, how? since they don't seem to want to pair up together? I have in the meantime just plugged them in side by side but i noticed im only getting 20Mbps from the TP-link ones. Where as if I unplug the BT ones from the same socket (this was just a simple test btw) i get like 60Mbps from the TP-link ones, so I would like to make it so that I can use the BT ones work the TP-link ones so that i can just use one there to get the best speeds.

if you look at the description of the TP-Link 500AV. it states it follows the Homeplug AV standards. now if you take a look at the BT description, it states it is not compatible with the Homeplug standards.

ah ye I see that now, looks like I will have to replace the BT ones with some different ones then. Typical BT really, but I should have read more into them so I guess there is always two sides to every story.

Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom