WikiLeaks

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at wikileaks.org.

Have been on it before though, interesting site

Disclaimer: I did not yet read the documents released. (plus you can't right now)

I think it's great that someone is exposing the bad in the government and desires the truth about what's behind closed doors. This latest, most controversial release, doesn't brighten my day though. It wasn't necessary to expose a governments infrastructure like that to the internet. Valuable defense intelligence was leaked and could do harm to a number of nations (from what I've read). Was going to type a lot more but I have to get to school :/ will edit

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at wikileaks.org.

Have been on it before though, interesting site

Server is not found because its banned in the U.S.A and in France. You'll have to use a proxy or something if you're from those countries. They just posted a list of the most crucial places outside of the U.S. for its government. This website is unbelievable. Completely irresponsible.

This is how I can get to the site:
http://213.251.145.96/

Anyways, it seems to have stirred up quite some problems and almost every major countries are agitated...and they sure want that guy dead or alive!

If he was just leaking things like "country x wants the US to go after country y" (which he has) that'd be ok, but he's also releasing articles that endanger people. Because of that, I'd say he needs to be stopped. Besides, they are classified articles, releasing them is illegal...

Problem is...the people wants the truth out of the goverment, and I don't think that countries wanting another country to go to war against another one is mature...

Some might be true, but some definatelly needs to be false...if the goverments are to act like that against another country, then I'd rather live in hardcore faschism (sp?).

We do NOT need to know about some of the military operations that have been carried out. Sure they are rough and not pleasant, but that's war, you have to play dirty.

Like it or not, WikiLeaks is a press outlet, and thus should be protected by the first amendment. Lovell v. City of Griffin defined a press outlet as "every sort of publication which affords a vehicle of information and opinion."

I don't personally agree with what they are doing, but I don't think they should be stopped.

Besides, they are classified articles, releasing them is illegal...

Can you post a link to the law that states this? From what I've read, the only person doing anything illegal is whoever leaked them to WikiLeaks.

Back
Top Bottom