Wii Help... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wii Help... ? Solution!

I got the Wii to quit logging DHCP requests to my routers log file, and kept the WiiConnect24 enabled. To do this, I set the Wii to use a static IP from my router instead of a dynamic IP (DHCP).

To do this, find the IP address assigned to your Wii, and also get the subnet mask (usually 255.255.255.0) and default router. Then change the Wii to use a static IP with the Advanced settings using this information, and also put the default router IP into the primary and secondary DNS servers. This procedure can also be found at the bottom of the page at Nintendo - Customer Service | Wii - Wireless Router Troubleshooting

Tom

Cool, thanks Tom. Since I disabled the WiiConnect24, the weather channel doesn't work anymore.... wierd since the internet browser is still fine.... I would give it a static IP, but I am all full right now since I use a 10.10.5.24 /29 addressing scheme, which only gives me 6 useable addresses....

I used the same IP for for the static IP as my router was assigning the Wii for dynamic IP (DHCP). It did not require a new address in the range of addresses supplied by the router.

Tom

I will give it a static IP address when I get around to re-vamping my LAN to use a 10.10.5.32 /28 addressing scheme to provide 14 useable addresses... I like to keep at least one DHCP address open for when friends bring laptops or other Wi-Fi devices... it was being a pain to have to unplug the Wii to free up an address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom