Wifi vs. cable

No problem! The coax from the wall plate/satellite hookup is standard and just about the only place that I'm aware of that an end user like you or I would see that used.

You can run a lot (100 or so) of co-ax cables in a big single sheld and with repeaters, can carry data a very long distance. :eek:

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

I am talking analouge here,

Do cables suffer from XT (cross talk) more then wireless?

If you convert the signals into a digital form, the signals will be less susceptible to XT.

Bottom line is nothing is ever 100% safe. Two users that are authorized to be on the same network can get whatever data they want since it won't be encrypted once received by their computer be it wireless or hard-wire. But anyone can sniff, a wireless network and depending on the encryption type and key strength it could be very easy to get your data anyways.

So the only safe computer is a broken computer ha I'll say! :rofl:

I won't deny that about co-ax. They are definatly the better medium for long-distance transmissions. When it comes to cross talk, I don't know. My gut says no but I can't prove that. I'm sure the sheilded twisted pair are much better than our standard unshielded twisted pair that we normally buy at the store.

Lol pretty much yup. That's why computer security is risk mitigation and management and not just 100% prevention.

Back
Top Bottom