wifi router being hacked

As an aside, this is a good example of why a strong IPS/IDS system is necessary these days. I had 6 blocked threats trying to attack my PS4 Pro from the 24th to the 30th of last month. A closed system and they were just scanning to find a point of entry. On the 19th I had 52 attempts alone from the Netherlands and Russia. Russia of which I have GeoIP blocked.

Hi PP Mguire.. Bit of a late reply to this post... I was just hoping you could tell me what SW you are using to see the attacks on your network.. or if anyone else can advise what is a good SW to use to see this?
Thanks
legepe

As an aside, this is a good example of why a strong IPS/IDS system is necessary these days. I had 6 blocked threats trying to attack my PS4 Pro from the 24th to the 30th of last month. A closed system and they were just scanning to find a point of entry. On the 19th I had 52 attempts alone from the Netherlands and Russia. Russia of which I have GeoIP blocked.

Hi PP Mguire.. Bit of a late reply to this post... I was just hoping you could tell me what SW you are using to see the attacks on your network.. or if anyone else can advise what is a good SW to use to see this?
Thanks
legepe
I'm using Ubiquiti Unifi hardware and their gateways have IPS/IDS built in. If you want a software solution you would need to look into Pfsense.

Neat, I really like that actually. The blue is half the cost of my UDM for about half the features, and better suited for a regular home.
Hey thanks guys.. just seen your replies..! I am in the UK and seem to be struggling to find this product - Firewalla... however, I came accross this - Fingbox https://www.fing.com/products/fingbox

Would you say that this is a similar thing?
Thanks again
legepe

Did you install any certificates the SolarWinds model of fake certificates being used for hijacking communications has been very effective and when I got hacked a few months ago it was acauly my BIOS and a exploit with my wireless chipset check the CISA vurnrability list to see if you can see anything that rings a bell.

Ok.. already tried by formating hdd then installing new os, new router with security configured.. but then wifi was coming on by its self and other things on computer started to not work.. ie could not copy paste to usb's
I can only assume malware is on other parts of pc appart from hdd
Therefore for me to be sure I would like to view at least the data stored in the bios
Regarding results from mwb and other anti malware software for example avg bootable disk showed loads of viruses.. but others including mwb eiter showed none or just a few.. got a little confused with which ones actually showed viruses or not...
Regarding the number of machines here I meant to type 2 not 22 and the neighgour at some point is going to give me theirs...! sorry for conusion...
What I do know is that by configuring router to not switch on wifi and it switches on anyways intermitently there is a problem.. shortly after a new fresh install of the os the computer does not allow me to copy paste files to a usb there is a problem (files were clearly shown to be copied successfully to usb but would vanish on removal of usb???
These things amongst other things happening to pc was telling me I had a visitor in my system.. previously they were in my router without it showing in the routers interface!
Before flashing BIOS i want for find a way to read what is actually written within the BIOS

If someone knows how this is possible please let me know
Are you doing somthing wrong

Are you doing somthing wrong
The tech exists to use electrical wiring to hack too. Bluetooth can be ur enemy and so can your phone.

Can anyone recommend what's the most complete and thorough malware removal tool that can be run from boot up?
It depends on os version

It can be eset boot tool or kaprasty virus removal tool or a few others

I'm using Ubiquiti Unifi hardware and their gateways have IPS/IDS built in. If you want a software solution you would need to look into Pfsense.
Pfsense and a rasberry pi 4

Resetting your router is often a quick fix for potentially hacked routers. In most cases, you can do a simple power cycle to clear your router's memory and any malicious programs, then reset your IP address. All you need to do is unplug the router, wait 30 seconds, and plug it back in.

Hope You Find This Useful,
Peter

Back
Top Bottom