wifi router being hacked

lepend

Solid State Member
As an aside, this is a good example of why a strong IPS/IDS system is necessary these days. I had 6 blocked threats trying to attack my PS4 Pro from the 24th to the 30th of last month. A closed system and they were just scanning to find a point of entry. On the 19th I had 52 attempts alone from the Netherlands and Russia. Russia of which I have GeoIP blocked.

Hi PP Mguire.. Bit of a late reply to this post... I was just hoping you could tell me what SW you are using to see the attacks on your network.. or if anyone else can advise what is a good SW to use to see this?
Thanks
legepe

PP Mguire

Build Guru
As an aside, this is a good example of why a strong IPS/IDS system is necessary these days. I had 6 blocked threats trying to attack my PS4 Pro from the 24th to the 30th of last month. A closed system and they were just scanning to find a point of entry. On the 19th I had 52 attempts alone from the Netherlands and Russia. Russia of which I have GeoIP blocked.

Hi PP Mguire.. Bit of a late reply to this post... I was just hoping you could tell me what SW you are using to see the attacks on your network.. or if anyone else can advise what is a good SW to use to see this?
Thanks
legepe
I'm using Ubiquiti Unifi hardware and their gateways have IPS/IDS built in. If you want a software solution you would need to look into Pfsense.

lepend

Solid State Member
Neat, I really like that actually. The blue is half the cost of my UDM for about half the features, and better suited for a regular home.
Hey thanks guys.. just seen your replies..! I am in the UK and seem to be struggling to find this product - Firewalla... however, I came accross this - Fingbox https://www.fing.com/products/fingbox

Would you say that this is a similar thing?
Thanks again
legepe