wifi router being hacked

Thanks but as far as I know malwarebytes don't do a bootable version and it needs windows operating system to run. If you know differently please would you provide a link

It actually does if it encounters files that need to be removed pre-boot.
Thanks.. but I feel that the best type of malware scan has to be one which does not allow any other OS processes to function... if the malwarebytes you speak of does this - do you have a link to where I can find this version?

Last edited:
This is going to sound a bit rude but I'm really not trying to be, only straight forward.

Little Google goes a long ways;
www.malwarebytes.com

As to before OS that's exactly what pre-boot is. It only does this if it's necessary because it can't remove malicious files being blocked by whatever means. It'll tell you some files couldn't be removed and prompt for a pre-boot scan to remove said files. That's about as good as you can get outside of certain AVs that you can manually trigger a pre-boot scan, which those won't completely cover what you're after anyways. The best course of action is to download, install, run update of MWB completely on each machine, disconnect them and run the scans multiple times. Once the number is 0 see if your problem is fixed. My dumb kids love to do things I tell them not to and have slowed my entire network to a snail crawl before due to infection causing me to place them on a bandwidth limited and scheduled VLAN. MWB single handedly cleaned each machine of a combined over 10k infections in less than 20 minutes (all SSD machines). Once my IPS stopped alarming me I knew it was all cleaned and I could then move forward with DNS limitations for them. Unless you got something more serious than kids clicking anything and everything they can imagine I would expect it'll work perfect for you too.

Back
Top Bottom