WiFi and 2.4Ghz phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

gojonnygo5

Baseband Member
I have a wireless internet connection in my house

and we use a 2.4 Ghz wireless phone.

Whenever we're on the laptops and the phone rings we get disconnected because of the frequency.

i tried changing the channels of the wireless internet but it still disconnects everytime the phone is in use.

what shoudl i do to fix this?

well see i have tried every different channel on my router.

1 through.. 13 or 14 i think.

hah. its funny because when someone just CALLS it disconnects,
so we hate it when someone calls us while we're on the notebooks.

well, does anyone else have any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is either getting a new router on a different frequency or get new wireless phones with a lower/higher frequency.

Getting a new router won't fix anything because all of the b/g routers run on the same frequency. the channels are 1-12 for the US at least. Your best bet is to get a new phone at 900MHz or 5GHz or you could try 802.11a wireless which would be the most expensive option. I would just get a new phone.

I know of plenty of people who have a phone in the same room as the router and one next to other computers with the wireless service and they work fine. You dont HAVE to get a new phone or anything, but that might be the easiest fix, it seems that your phone and your router are probably using the same exact freqency, and I just dont mean the 2.4Ghz, I mean the exact freqency like 2.458679 or something like that, maybe you should call Panasonic up and ask what the exact feqeuncy is and then find out what the exact one is for your router. If you find out that they are the exact same ones, call either the make of your phone or the router and tell them the problem and demand they give you a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom