Wierd Problem - Any ideas?

FireArm

Beta member
Hi - the other day i bought a nice new case for myself - took everything out of my old case and it seemed to work fine - then yesterday i noticed that i'd put the floppy drive cable in the wrong way, after ammending that problem I switched on the computer only to find - NOTHING. I switch my computer on and everything sounds ok - hard drive spinning etc.. CPU fans spinning - CDROMS/Floppy working but i cant get it to display anything on the screen - which obviously sounds like a problem with the video card however when i turn my computer on it doesnt even seem to be going through a POST - ive had this problem before and found that taking the BIOS battery out and pushing the card in sometimes helps - only this time NOTHING - nobody ive asked has ever come across this problem before and im on the verge of throwing the thing out the window - think anyone can shed some light on it for me?. - here are some of the relevant specs.

AMD 1.3MHz Duron
Elitegroup K7S5A/XP Motherboard
RIVA TNT 32mb Nvidia graphics card

Nice1

FireArm

Take the videocard out and see if you get beeps(assuming your don't have onboard video) However, I have a feeling it's NOT video related.

If you do have onboard video, I guess it's an idea to just be sure it's not gone back to the onboard videocard...

Check your RAM. Reseat it...

Did you use standoffs under the board? Make sure it's not shorting out anywhere.

Ive re-seated the RAM, taken the board out and let it run just ontop of some anti-static bags but still nothing - i dont think its the metal legs either. - Anyone else have any ideas let me know!

Cheers

sounds like your motherboard may have bitten the dust, how careful were you when you were switching it over? were you grounded properly before touching the motherboard?

Hmm...also see if you might of scratchedi t at some point... I could see that happening easier that shocking it.

Back
Top Bottom