wierd money problem

dude_se

Proper Legend
so, i had £3580 or something in my bank, i bought a new laptop, my balance went down to £2950 or something. fine. a week later my order online is still pending, but the payment has cleared (waiting for it to be built and shipped). i checked my bank account last night, and i had £3600. i was like wtf. i thought it was a mistake with the online thing. i checked the cashpoint today and had over £3800 ( i got paid at midnight aswell from work).
i want to know wtf this money is. its around £600 extra. if they did refund my laptop then why havent they told me? it all still seems to be going through .. and wierdly enough nothing is appearing online, although i withdrew money half an hour ago and thats showing up :confused:

Online banking isnt to be trusted :) It showed before that when I bought some stuff online, that I had been charged 3 times - when I checked in the bank branch I hadnt actually been charged at all...it took about 3 days for it to clear up on the online banking :(

Hmm... you say the random £600 isn't showing up on your e-banking? That's weird, actually; if you had a refund or a pay-in it should have appeared. Keep trying, maybe the transaction from them has been debited to your account but for some reason the transaction hasn't cleared... sometimes I use my debit card, the money comes off my account immediately but I don't see anything in my e-banking for 3-4 days afterwards, but that doesn't explain why the money came back...

If you paid £600 for the laptop and you've magically got £600 back then I'd contact the laptop company with all your personal and order details and explain what's happened. Get them to check they haven't accidentally cancelled your order and refunded you by mistake as can happen if someone else did and they deleted the wrong order from the system.

yh online banking isnt very trustowrthy for upto dat statements best go into branch and find out exatcly they will tell you where everything is coming from,

i had similar thing before in my bank got paid from work but it didint show up online till like 5 days after, turned out work had paid me all my holiday pay that i was owed, but i dint no this at the time and the online banking was very confusing, as it often shows the balance correctly but the transactions delayed

Check with your credit card company. When I bought an LCD from Dell, the credit card company denied the transaction because they thought the card had been stolen and someone else was charging stuff to it.

i went to the cashpoint and the balance is exactly the same as it is online.
also theres no evidence online of a payment thats been made back into my account (usually it tells me what money i get in).
my dell order still seems to be fine but ill drop them an email

hey get a ministatement from your bank machine or go into your bank and ask for a statement that should show it for you , sometimes when i buy stuff using my card online it says you have say i have just bought something for £30 £1000 in your bank , you may withdraw £970

Ask the company to see if your laptop is still on the way. After that I'd buy an external hard drive with your new found money.

i have a 500gb drive, and the laptop has 320gb lol. thats nearly 1tb alone. not to mention my desktop + other crap :p

ive emailed dell. ill see what happens. £600 richer would be great :D
if it isnt dell wtf could it be?

i have a 500gb drive, and the laptop has 320gb lol. thats nearly 1tb alone. not to mention my desktop + other crap :p

ive emailed dell. ill see what happens. £600 richer would be great :D
if it isnt dell wtf could it be?

mistake on your banks part ,it happens sometimes

Back
Top Bottom