Wide screen monitor display problem

Dzwestwindsor

Solid State Member
Hey

I recently built my own rig and I bought a new monitor to go with it. I never had a new monitor in a while, so when I got this new widescreen monitor i had a couple of questions.

Its a 21.5 in monitor but when I open up a firefox the text and graphics are so small it is the same as my 14 in laptop. I downloaded a plug in for firefox to zoom the text, but now websites are glitchy. So basically the screen is wide and big, but only a little portion of my browser actually has the website on it. The rat is just the background.

How can I change it so that everything is big In firefox?

Thx

What operating System are you on ?

You could change the DPI settings...not sure if it helps though heres what it does:

Setting the DPI size to a smaller number or percentage will decrease all items size on the display, while setting the DPI size to a larger number or percentage will increase all items size on the display.

Heres an example which could help
:
453d1238489873-dpi-display-size-settings-change-display.jpg

If your on Windows 7 use this guide

Um I dont but I will try and find out for you.
What sort of graphics you using onboard/PCI-e???
What output HDMI/DVI

This might work never been or seen Ubuntu but try this:
Click on the: System -> Preferences -> Font menu
Click on the Details button. This will open up Font Rendering Details

thanks, but it wasn't wat i was looking for. I like your attitude though :) ubuntu is nice, you should switch if your using vista- ubuntu smokes vista in everything. ;P but if ur using windows 7, i dont have much of an argument . -.-

Back
Top Bottom