Wich one for htpc

Sharpy1

In Runtime
Dell optiplex 745 sff tower Intel core 2 duo e6400 4GB RAM nvidea GeForce 8400 HDMI pretty quiet (pretty much un upgradable because of PSU and space limitations)

Hp laptop AMD a8 4500m 8gb ram AMD Radeon HD 7640g VGA (HDMI IS BROKEN) very loud at times

This computer would be for just watching Kodi with files stored on a nas

A laptop wouldn't hold up for long as the cooling systems on a lot of them leave a lot to be desired. Besides leaving them plugged in for long periods of time is bad for the battery.

Yeah I'd either go for the Desktop, NUC or Zino. You don't need something that is really powerful, Anything with HDMI will do the trick. You might also want a good monitor that can do 1080P..

I own a 48" samsung tv 1080p and an epson projector 120" 1080p 3D so I don't think displays are an issue lol and at the moment I cannot afford another system but I have had a look at the intel nuc computers they very small and very expensive

Talking of laptops I used to use a old one as my htpc it then one day it could only move data at 1/5 Mb/s tried a reformat and it all went worse it's with my other pc parts now

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

I would also like to build in the silverstone ml03 htpc in the future but the builds for the ml03 and a intel nuc are pretty much the same

Back
Top Bottom