Why?

And once again it goes back to how the members here treat a new person.
If it's a spammer or someone really doing something in violation of the rules, just report it. But it appears to me that some one or several some ones are handing out neg rep to hurt the forum. You guys want new blood, then find out who is doing this and give them a perm ban and I mean put their IP on the server firewall. That way they can't even see the forum let alone get back in.
Also keep in mind some one coming to a forum seeking help is usually freaking out and some times, not always, forgets themselves. That is not grounds for neg rep or being mean to them.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Makes good sense.

I'm going to check at VB to see if there's a way to find out who's doing this.

yea ive noticed this. once i looked through someones posts and they all looked perfectly fine :confused:
luckily i dont really care much. if they are good members then they soon turn green, otherwise they just dont post again.

yeah..alot of red ones were LAST month..i mean alot, i saw about 5, and thats was because they were being idiots and claiming things that were untrue, not posting facts but just dumb opinions and shooting people down..

i have it for stupid things. like for instance we were talking about the steelers. i mentioned how i enjoyed rothlesburger gettin his sh*t rocked hehe. i got negative for that. i like the steelers tho. they will win the super bowl tonight.

I agree with the original post,

and it doesn't take long to find an example.

can anyone tell me what the guy in this thread did to get a red rep bar?
http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?p=895807#post895807

he's made two posts, none of them spam, all in the correct forums.

yet he's got negative rep.

the original poster is completely correct, negative rep is being given out with no real cause or justification to new people.

Back
Top Bottom