"Why should I partitioning my hard disk drives?"

1st1

Baseband Member
There are many reasons to use hard disk partition software like Acronis Disk Director Suite. They all come down to this: Partitioning the hard disk makes your life a lot easier and sometimes saves your data and your neck.

Disk partitioning:

Limits Accidental or Deliberate Damage To Your Data
With Acronis Disk Director Suite, you can separate your applications into separate partitions and put their data in other partitions. If an application becomes corrupted or is accidentally deleted, it is easier to contain the damage in a single partition. Hard drive partition recovery is faster than having to recover the entire hard disk.

Increases Security
Encryption is one of the fundamental tools to protection yourself against theft, corruption or compromise of critical data on your computer. But encryption slows your computer down. With disk partitioning software, you can encrypt just those partitions that need protection and let the other parts of your system run unencrypted, and hence faster.

Helps Your Computer Run Faster
Partitioning a hard drive lets your computer find things faster. Even routine access to information is speeded up because the computer can organize the information more efficiently with smaller directories. Quicker searches for files or directories also result because the computer only has to search a single partition instead of the entire large disk.

Organizes Information
Partitioning the hard drive not only makes it easier for the computer to find things, it makes it easier for you to find things as well. Creating partitions with Acronis Disk Director Suite lets you categorize files and folders in partitions according to logical schemes. You don't have to search endless lists of hundreds or thousands, or even tens of thousands, of folders trying to find a particular file or application.

Increases Productivity
With Acronis Disk Director Suite you can increase your productivity because you spend your time doing useful work rather than hunting for that letter or spreadsheet or other document.

I was always interested about the importance of backup. I found it at
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/resource/solutions/partitioning/2005/why-partition-my-hdd.html

not heard of that software but i will take a look.i use PQ magic myself and yes it is great to be able to organize thing rather than have one big drive with little bits of date here and there.

IMHO, while partition is great either for multi-boot or for the purposes spelled out by arnois, it will not save your bacons in the event the HD goes out. This is the very reason why I kept telling people to have more than one HD in the system.

Back
Top Bottom