Why Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not ONCE did I say I have ever met anyone smart who uses mac. Wooops, that's gonna cause an argument! D:

Guess that's what happens when you spend all day at home. Broad generalizations like that make you look like an ignorant user.

Just so you know.

Let me explain something to you. I go to High school... You would think there would be lots of smart people there, but you would be wrong. They may have knowledge in other areas, but computers... not so much. These kids then Flock to Mac because it is expensive and think that it means good. They then proceed to brag about how dominant their OS is and how much of an idiot I am for using Linux. THAT is why I dislike Macs.

I can tell that you know your way around a computer. And that is why I am apologizing for the "Broad Generalizations" I made. if you except my apology, good. If not, understand I am a troll and be on your way.

Mac hardware doesn't bug me either. But it's the evangelical attitude that the more "die hard" users get into. Give me a break.

Let me explain something to you. I go to High school...

I dont usually do this but
bbnf4B.jpg

A friend of mine recently converted to Mac about a year ago when he got a free Macbook Pro. He is a PC tech at the local store where he and I both work at. You cant say that there isn't any smart people using Macs. In my opinion, generally speaking, Mac users seem less technically inclined because they dont care about the Ins and Outs of the particular OS that they are using and just want something that works well out of the box, thats why they dont mind shelling out some bucks for a premium computer. I have met both very techie Mac users and very ignorant Mac users.

Mac hardware doesn't bug me either. But it's the evangelical attitude that the more "die hard" users get into. Give me a break.

^ This

Let me explain something to you. I go to High school... You would think there would be lots of smart people there, but you would be wrong.

Smart kids in high school? I never thought that and I go to college... The only thing I ever saw in high school was overly high egos and very immature kids.

Can I close this thread now? it seems like there are two types of people left posting in here, Die-hards who are doing nothing but stirring up trouble and open-minded people who can see both ends of the argument.

close it if you wish , its up to you .

besides you see idiot users on all platforms for instance i could draw up the broad generalization from my experience that all windows laptop users are teenage girls using it for facebook and msn land i tunes loading their laptops with virus's from lime wire etc etc(my sister did this to her toshiba laptop) its simply not true and not fair to label all users of a particular machine or platform as idiots based off just some . its like saying everyone who drives a particular make of car cant drive , clearly some drivers of that make will be bad drivers but not all are .

as a mac user i accept you see idiots buying macs for the brand image (although if this makes them happy whats wrong with this)
as a windows user i accept you see idiots using windows laptops cos they are teenage girls and dont know any different (although they are happy with what it can do for them)
as a linux user i accept you rarely see idiots using this platform because they dont know what it is etc :p

all ill say is its not my place to tell someone else they are an idiot user or that their reasons for choosing a particular platform are invalid of wrong . However in accepting that this is not my place I also say its nobody elses place to tell me that my reasoning or decisions are wrong .

one of the main issues i have had with this though is Like i said one of the reasons i picked a mbp was because it looks good to me . Ive had people tell me that's a stupid reason for spending soo much but ive got to look at it every day so why not pick something pleasing to the eye . people spend more money in some cases to get a car color or rims they like and they dont even have to look at that whilst they are driving it so whats wrong with my choice i use it every day i want it to look pretty .I challenge anyone to find a reason why not

Lol yes, I realize it's up to me, but considering no major rules have been broken, I can't close this without over-stepping some kind of boundary. It's up to the OP to decide :)

Can I close this thread now? it seems like there are two types of people left posting in here, Die-hards who are doing nothing but stirring up trouble and open-minded people who can see both ends of the argument.

I agree it should be closed to be honest - unless a thread has a different spin on it than the usual (why do people buy macs? Are macs really any better? I don't like macs! Only idiots buy macs!) I'm not sure it should even be allowed to start in all honesty.

Anyone who genuinely wants to know the answer to any of those questions can be immediately informed by using Google, anyone who wants to look at flame wars on forums over macs can google for the same thing to find results of the same calibre...!

Of course, if it's something different (i've been using windows boxes for ages and don't know how to do x on mac, anyone help?) then that's fine. But I really don't see what people gain from these sorts of discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom