Why MAC?

Right. sorry celegorm. It's got nothing to do with this topic. Rudster: If you want a conversation with me, PM me.

So are Macs practical to upgrade now.. or do they still require a $400 video card compared to it's $200 PC counter-part?

Mac's aren't virus proof, but less prone to viruses. I don't have any virus protection on my iBook b/c it's not worth it to buy anything, and I haven't found anything free yet that works on Mac. I bought my iBook used or $450. Not a bad deal. All it was missing was the extended cable for the power supply, the external video cable, and install discs (really would have liked to have those, but w/e). I don't think Mac is as great as people say it is, but if you can get your hands on a good priced Mac, check it out. It would probably be good to know how to use it later in life since everyone wants to go Mac... I would have liked there to be some hibernation option on Mac rather than just sleep. it eats up battery power asleep. Though I can go several days with it asleep and it probably will still have same power in it.

My thing is.. what can you do on a mac that you can't do on a pc? And PCs are cheaper.. and in my opinion, easier because everyone has used one.. well most people have.

I know macs are great for video editing, graphic design, ect.. but why are people moving towards them for general use?

My thing is.. what can you do on a mac that you can't do on a pc? And PCs are cheaper.. and in my opinion, easier because everyone has used one.. well most people have.

I know macs are great for video editing, graphic design, ect.. but why are people moving towards them for general use?

I think its cos they believe all the mac marketing about it just working and being virus proof stuff like that
secondly its a brand thing ,people think just cos its an apple device it will be better

It's just that they think Macs are all that much better. I can think of things that are and aren't better about Macs after having one for about 3.5 months now. I personally wouldn't use a Mac for video editing, Sony Vegas doesn't support Mac for one thing, and I don't like the way some programs are setup in Mac, everything kind separate instead of a single window. Had I use MacOSX to more extent before buying my iBook, I may not have spent $450 on it. Now that I have it I might as well learn how to use the OS though.

Back
Top Bottom