Why is my...

well the first thing i would do is call your ISP and have a look what they have to say because i had some random Lag with my Net and in the end it was found that my modem was the prob

well the first thing i would do is call your ISP and have a look what they have to say because i had some random Lag with my Net and in the end it was found that my modem was the prob

yea i'll definatly do that but let me try resetting the modem, how do i do that? just turn off the modem and turn it back on right or is there a little button i press...i really havent looked at it in a while lol.

ok first thing i would say is forget post 2,3,4, and 5 lol.

if im correct the once you have clicked the download link and it begins downloading its not the speed of your computer thats going to impact the download speed?

are you telling me if i had a quad extremem processor with 8Gb ram it would download the exact same 18 Mb file on the exact same network as a C2D E6600 ?

no coz aslong as your computer has enough power to open the download dialog box your ok.

go here tell us what your results are, http://www.speedtest.net/

No don't forget about those as junk on your computer such as spyware/adware is using that same connection to talk back and forth to it's base at the same time you're trying to download a file. That can choke a connection. And there is a big difference in cable and dsl. These guys and my self go faster and can do more than a user of dsl because of the bandwidth differences.
Get the programs we refered you to and keep your system cleaned up on a regular basis. And yes sometimes the speed will depend on what site you're getting a file from. If it's real busy it can take a while to get a file down. But that's not always the case.

ok dudes i finally figured out the problem since i have dsl they require filters on all of the phone lines and i had a fax/printer hooked up without the filter so that slowed me down alot lol but thanks for all of your help i appreciated it

Back
Top Bottom