Why is Communism Bad?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So I am Chinese, and China is an Communist country. When theres an argument or a talk about China, I tend to defend China. In America, theres a lot of people saying China is bad, mainly because they are an Communist country.
But whats so bad about Communism?
From what I have found from Google (didnt do much research) and from what my friends told me, is that America hates Communism is because the system doesnt work on their country.
But shouldnt there be an better reason to justify hating Communism?

omg...this is gonna be one of those threads.

I'm gonna start it off by saying i'm chinese too, and i am in the middle

there is a broad range of communism in the world. There is no one general form of communism.

Communsim, in theory is not bad. The idea of everybody pulling their equal own weight to contribute to the greater good of society makes sense if it were truly that way.

Communsim isn't the thing that is "bad", it is how it just doesn't work like that in real life and that's why communism can ultimately fail.

I'm no expert, but ill just tell you what i know.

Uhm first if we talk basic elemenatry economics, communism does not promote economic growth. If we told Intel to make x number of processors, they will make x number of processors. But communism eliminates the competition. Thus Intel no incentive to make better processors because AMD no longer exists. They will forever be making the same pentium 3's.

In a free market, if there were multiple companies, each company would try to make the best quality processor for the cheapest price. Each company would always be trying to out do the other company. In doing so, processors and products keep on getting better and better.

Also communism takes away private ownership for the collective good. But it's not that extreme as some would think. It's not like they take everything down to the last pencil under the couch. I guess most americans like the idea of having their stuff.

Someone else can explain the politics of communism vs free world.

Somehow, if ur communist you have to hate capitalsits or something. I don't really understand it that much but China and the west doesn't really see eye to eye on many things

also, if China does something that others don't like, sometimes they'll blame communism just as a scapegoat.

Communism has failed every time it was tried.

Communism removes any incentive to be the best you can be since you rely on the government to give you everything you need. China's system isn't a true communistic state. It's an interesting mix of communism and capitalism.

Communism as an ideology isn't necessarily a bad idea it evens out the distribution of wealth in a nation. The main reason for the US dislike of Communism is due to their conflicting ideology and their belief in the American dream that you can gain a huge amount of wealth and better yourself through hard work. The fiscal theories have always clashed and always will. Capitalism favours those who are already rich and doesn't help the poor much, so you could easily argue against capitalism just the same.

Everybody, please try to keep this thread on topic and not turn it into a flaming thread, also if you disagree with someones point of view, please please respect their right to have a different view and do not personally attack them.

so the only actual reason why Communism is bad s because it doesnt work?
huh, thought there would have been another reason.
Well, I would suggest closing this thread before theres any flaming and argument and gets out of hand.
Just wanted an answer

Hey T-man

I personally attack you !!!

Go pickachu !!! Super mega thunder ultra bolt

oh yea...there's many more reasons

America hates communism because their parents hated communism. Propaganda, and American's still haven't gotten out of the mindset, because they were taught that every time communism is brought up, it = bad, death and hell

so you could say that America's and the western opinions against communism could simply be the culture

Communism can only be seen by me as an unpractical ideal . it can never work in practice because as has already been said it is detrimental to the free market economy that the world currently uses and relies upon , the only way communism could work is on a whole world scale with every single country under a worldwide communist government which again is annother idealistic concept

it also isnt in human nature to conform to the communist idea when faced with a choice between having lots for oneself or a little bit for everyone most if not all people will eventually chose to have lots for themselves that is why there are people starving to death in this world when there is more than enough food to go around

another thing i think people get mixed up with is communism and dictatorship they assume just because there is communism there is also a dictator or just ebcause there is a dictator there is communism

so the only actual reason why Communism is bad is because it doesnt work?
huh, thought there would have been another reason.
Well, I would suggest closing this thread before theres any flaming and argument and gets out of hand.
Just wanted an answer
In the following bit you can replace america with the west , im not just saying america is guilty of these things its the western world and ideals as a whole which i am refering to but since the op mentioned america i thought i would use america
Firstly chinas system has elements of communism but is not completely communist
america hates communism because the strings are being pulled in america by very rich people and rich people do not like communism at all because it puts them at the same level as the people they employ to do menial things like cleaning

another reason i think america has a hostlie relationship towards china had nothing to do with communism instead IMO it is because since the 80's at least chinas gdp growth rates have been higher than americas america can see that china economy is strengthening and with china having the words biggest work force this scares america a lot because they risk china becoming the new global superpower when it was in fact the west who put china where they are now . That added to chinas alliance with Russia scares america much more than they like to admit but rather than come out and say that they attack the communist regime in china

ANother thing i think it is is an understanding issue .America dosent fully understand the system china uses and because it isnt the traditional type of democracy the western world understands we attack it rather than try to understand fully . this can also be true of our approach to russian democracy it isnt what we know so we attack it and say its not right and it dosent work

Back
Top Bottom