why does windows connectivity suck so bad compared to apple?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
so i know both have been around for decades.

yet apple managed to refine their connectivity and sharing but windows is stuck in the 90s still
everything is so complicated to set up for some reason.
and more than half the time its incompatible with everything or has to be manually connected setup troubleshoot etc...

i do hate apple but come on you had 30 years to make it work....

Hate doesn't take you anywhere, it doesn't help anyone.
If you have a problem and can't solve it, ask someone for help. That's the only thing that helps.

no im saying just in general over the years the connectivity between devices really havent improved that much. it still requires an IT degree

connectivity between devices in general.
phones other wireless devices.
i mean thats honestly the most common reason why people switch to apple products
because apple is easy to share things between devices vs trying to share something to windows device from say android phone or anything else

Apple = one company makes the hardware, writes the software; basically a walled garden

Non-Apple = hardware by one company, OS by another company, drivers by whoever; basically a conglomeration that can sometimes be more than the sum of its parts.

connectivity between devices in general.
phones other wireless devices.
i mean thats honestly the most common reason why people switch to apple products
because apple is easy to share things between devices vs trying to share something to windows device from say android phone or anything else
As somebody with a house of iPhones, iPads, and my Hackintosh VM I find it harder to share files between handheld devices with Apple than I do with Android. Before iOS 14 I couldn't even copy movies off our phones to a PC that are over 500MB a piece. Trying to do things like say, documents etc it's even more difficult as opposed to Windows to Android. Instead we use Google Drive to do such things as it's quicker and easier anyways.

The original poster is 100% correct. Microsoft Windows is a nightmare to get anything done with. One day this doesn't work, the next day something else doesn't work.

I seem to spend half of each day solution problems with the Operating System.

Anything that should take ten minutes often ends taking ten hours, as hardly anything works as it should.

I say this as somebody who has worked in IT for nearly forty years and has a brand new PC etc.

I think your abilities should be called into question rather than the tools you are using. I worked in an enviroment where we had nearly 500 computers both IBM and Macs, nearly the same number of mixed make printers, dozens of projectors, four networks and 1000 odd kids using this equipment. We had no trouble with connectivity only with the inadequacies of some of the equipments, specifically printers, and some of the teachers. And all this worked perfectly well in a Windows enviroment. We also had some of the lab and domestic sciences equipments working via our networks and it all worked, reasonably, seamlesslessly for the six years that I was there. I hasten to add that I wasn't the only IT bod involved.

Back
Top Bottom