Why Do We Freak Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
Here is the scenario:

You just got your hands on some Acid. You are in a rather comfortable environment, with some peopel you know. It is your first time, you take it, and start FLIPPING out! I'm not talking tripping here, I'm talking the fear. You are freaking out! You cannot control yourself, you are thinking all kinds of bad things, and you are bordering suicide just to stop the awful things going through your head.

This describes, in short, a ver bad trip. I've had them, and I'm sure many other people here have as well. My question is, why? Why do we freak out when you take too much of, or just simply are not in the right place. It is very easy to trigger a freak out, but why do they happen? I've pondered this, I've even asked doctors, but they give me a half-assed answer that they are winging and pulled right out of their ass. I cannot get a straight answer on this. In short:

Can someone tell me why you freak out when taking pschedelics (Mushrooms, acid, etc...)?

mostly due to the chemical makup of your brain at the time. At evey point in your life your mental state is in flux. If you have the to high a level of the wrong chemical in your brain at the time you take the drugs you have a bad trip. There is no way to know until its too late. I have even heard of ppl have a bad trip on "e" they got to the point where they had to strip and stand naked in the middle a room cause the sensations were waaay to intense from the clothing...

Wel yeah, we have all heard of ridiculous things happening. But it all depends on everything. For example, I can take a 1/4 of shrooms and have a blast. But I can take an 1/8 where I am, say, in a relatively uncomfortable place and I will start to freak out. I was at a concert with tons and tons of people, and I ate halkf of an 1/8 and started to freak out and I have to leave. I have also started to freak out, but been able to calm myself down and bring myself to a good trip. Most of the time though, that is nearly impossible.

Other thing related to this question, is, why when we are freaking out, do we only think of bad things? And then all the bad things that we know tend to come out and make thigns worse?

I used to have a friend who is all about psychology and the use of drugs like this to open doors to the mind. I guess he's a left over beatnik from the Keasey era yet he is only 20. I prolly should rekindle with him, and he can answer this all for me.

Feel free for anyone to add anything that they think will help.

Hang-on-hang-on-hang-on-hang-on-hang-on-hang-on-hang-on...

Let me get this straight...

You put a dangerous, destructive, mind-altering drug, into your body...and yer confused as to why yer body has a problem with this?

w2.gif

To quote Bill Cosby, "See! That's brain damage!"

You Should have called this: Why the **** am I taking Acid?

ShoobieRat said:
Hang-on-hang-on-hang-on-hang-on-hang-on-hang-on-hang-on...

Let me get this straight...

You put a dangerous, destructive, mind-altering drug, into your body...and yer confused as to why yer body has a problem with this?

w2.gif

To quote Bill Cosby, "See! That's brain damage!"

Indeed.

No, I'm just curious as to why sometimes it is fun and other times you freak. I'm just wondering why does some thigns yeild different reactions from other things? There is just always the 'whys'.

Him said:
No, I'm just curious as to why sometimes it is fun and other times you freak. I'm just wondering why does some thigns yeild different reactions from other things? There is just always the 'whys'.
Dude, acid basically short-circuits your brain. The ratio between good and bad experiences is purely by chance. The switch flicks one way or the other.

BTW, this is pathetic.

I am not non drug user as well, I drink alchohol once in a blue moon with friends or whatever. I have heard to many of these bad trip stories to even concider the idea. I have a friend that is a biologist and he tells me all kinds of cool stuff about how drugs alter the chemical makeup of your brain...perminantly. Things like LSD will continue to work in your brain even after not taking it for 30 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom