Why do some people pay for information?

This forum used to be filled with lots of correct and useful information until you started posting on every question with not so useful and correct information

Yea but at least he posts lots of lovely polls about every aspect of his life.:p

Yea but at least he posts lots of lovely polls about every aspect of his life.:p

Well he has almost 167 posts in 3 days.... I mean he had to get there somehow... :D:D

If he doesn't have anyone to argue with about being wrong he has to fill the void by telling us a lil about himself...:D:D

K sorry back on topic...

@ OP some people are afraid to do things themselves and think that it is really complicated and that they wouldn't be able to do it. So they figure might as well leave it to the professionals....

@ OP some people are afraid to do things themselves and think that it is really complicated and that they wouldn't be able to do it. So they figure might as well leave it to the monkeys....

There, I fixed it for you. And a lot of people think stuff that is really easy is complicated, because they have never done it themselves, or they have been told that it is. If I was like that, I wouldn't be fixing/replacing everything that breaks.

I can imagine some business users paying for support, maybe only if they get a reply or something because sometimes you can start a thread on a forum and it doesn't always get answered.

i figure its because not everyone is tech savvy and when they search the internet for terms that will bring up sites like Expert Exchange (never heard of it personally) they see that you have to pay for use/membership to recieve help...thus it makes them seem more professional to the unfortunate suckers, where as a forum to the unknowing appears to be full of amateurs.
So they figure hey, this is these guys' business, ill pay to join and hopefully save a few bucks on repair costs.

Ive learned over my years that theres a forum full of users somewhere that can help you find a fix to any problem...and teach you about the topics relevant.
Thats why I joined CF.

Pfft, you guys pay for Experts Exchange?

Well, you could always Google the topic you're stuck on and, if you see an Experts Exchange search hit, click the Cached link and scroll all the way down to the bottom.

The answers are visible without you having to pay. They're usually a load of total bollocks and not worth the extortionate fee you're expected to pay if you weren't being a thieving bastard.

Back
Top Bottom