Why do people frown upon older threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
Why do people frown upon "reviving" older threads? Mods close them...if you dare post in one, people are bound to flame you for doing so... heh. If it's relevant to the thread and isn't a new topic, why is this not encouraged

It's a double-edged too - you might get the "this was already posted/old news" feedback as well.

PS: Nothing in particular with that thread linked above, it just made me wonder...in general.

Necroposting can stir up a lot of trouble, plus tech changes so fast that six months can really make a huge difference. What was top of the line is now middle of the road, and great advice then would be seen as completely stupid now.

Unless dredging up an old thread actually serves a useful purpose (your example didn't), it is best to let them lay and start a new one.

Necroposting can stir up a lot of trouble, plus tech changes so fast that six months can really make a huge difference. What was top of the line is now middle of the road, and great advice then would be seen as completely stupid now.

Unless dredging up an old thread actually serves a useful purpose (your example didn't), it is best to let them lay and start a new one.

i really don't care if ppl necropost something that is like a week old, but 6 months plus i frown upon...

btw trotter nice speech, also can u check if my sig is too big??

Yea, I also have developed a personal adversion to people posting on older threads. Necropostting, it's called?

I think some old posts get bumped by the problem of votes not sticking to the topic they are posted with.

You're right, Chris. Hopefully DMo is getting that bug figured out... he's been knocked flat with a bout of migraines, but was moving a little the other day.

I confess...sometimes...late at night...I dress up all in black, steal off to my computer...find the oldest threat I can and THEN...I bump it just to **** people off...

;)

You god **** dirty necroposter! there should be a law agenst you, I have known some lovely posts come and go and people like you violate there memory by bumping them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom