Why can't I see my new HDD?

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
As some of u know, the other day I assembled my new pc.

I have 3 HDD there (WS640AAKS) 2 of them I managed to set up for raid 0. I also have a dual boot on my pc (xp & vista) When I load Vista and go to “My Computer” I see 2 HDD there. One is my main (Raid 0 Vista OS), then there is another one, same hdd's but just different partisan for XP, but what about my 3rd one? I guess the reason its not there is because I need to partisan it? Can I do it true the OS? or do I need to boot from OS CD to do it?

EDIT

If I made this hard to understand here is what it is

hard drive 1 \__ Raid 0, Vista & XP (Dual Boot)
hard drive 2 /
hard drive 3 --- Cant see

Thanks

Ok you have 3 hard drives.

hard drive 1 \__ Raid 0, Vista
hard drive 2 /
hard drive 3 --- non-Raid, XP

This amounts to 2 logical drives that will display in you OS. You will see drive 1 and 2 as one logical drive due to the raid array.

Ok you have 3 hard drives.

hard drive 1 \__ Raid 0, Vista
hard drive 2 /
hard drive 3 --- non-Raid, XP

This amounts to 2 logical drives that will display in you OS. You will see drive 1 and 2 as one logical drive due to the raid array.

I'm sorry if i gat you confuzed. Its like this;

hard drive 1 \__ Raid 0, Vista & XP (Dual Boot)
hard drive 2 /
hard drive 3 --- (Cant see)

Ahhh, ok. Does it show up in the BIOS at all? Does it show in device manager (you should have 2 drives, the raid array and another)?? If your in disk management does it show anything as unpartitioned space?

It does show it in bios. Dont know about the device manager. I have 2 drivers shwoing in "My Computer" but its the same HDD, because its broken into 2 partisans. Wheer is my "disk management"? lol

control panel>administrative tools>disk management.
may just be unpartitioned space

control panel>administrative tools>disk management.
may just be unpartitioned space

Thanks.

I will check it when I get home, but if its there and just unpartitioned, can I just particen it right there?

yea. its pretty crappy but will work. something like partition magic has a lot more options.

yea. its pretty crappy but will work. something like partition magic has a lot more options.

Well I mean I need is just to make it work at full 100% capability, im not trying to do anyting else 2 it. Will the "disk management" be sufficent for that?
By the way is partition magic free?

Thanks

Disk management should be plenty sufficient for that. Partition magic would be overkill to get for such a simple action. I only go that route for changing partition sizes and stuff like that.
Partition magic is not free.

Back
Top Bottom