Why Amd?

I know AMD is better in most opinions, I know in my opinion AMD is better just from tech support and gaming/multitasking ability. I want to hear statistics WHY AMD is better than intel, OR why intel is better than AMD.

Argh... ok. Here we go again.
Intel = most cpu's not 64 bit ready. Runs hot. When hot, goes slower to cool down.
amd= 64-bit support on most cpu's nowadays. runs cool. Cool and therefore goes fast. Plus, amd cpu's have their own on-die memory controller, putting them ahead in games. PLus, sli is really the best with amd. Intel has just come out with sli, and it doesn't reallty work well at all.

Intel = most cpu's not 64 bit ready. Runs hot. When hot, goes slower to cool down.

But AMD CPU's can't be on 80C and still run can they? :)

Yeah, then cool and quiet kicks in. I doubt an amd will ever get that hot, though. Seriously. Even oc'ing, as I've done, and I'm at 2.6, though I've gotten close to 3ghz, was only around 65, pushing 70C at the most, and that was with OEM cooling. THen liquid cooling came in and I can do the same oc'ing but with temps around 40-45C.

Remember Mempf? He got his X2 3800+ which is default 2.0 to 2.8 Stable with a thermal right xp-90 and had to get a new psu. It turns out the high pitched screeching he got was from too much speed going through the coils on his mobo....a mobo giving off sound because its too fast! thats crazy!!!!

jac006 said:
Argh... ok. Here we go again.
Depends what you get :D You get a processor with a price that makes sense to be 64-bit, it will almost certainly be 64-bit :p All Xeons less than a year old will be, all Pentiums 4 Prescotts... some Northwoods... Gallatin, some other ones. All 5xxs and 6xxs. Most people thought won't buy second hand ones! So all the Processors they buy as Pentium, Xeon or Itanium, will be 64-bit.

jac006 said:
amd= 64-bit support on most cpu's nowadays. runs cool. Cool and therefore goes fast. Plus, amd cpu's have their own on-die memory controller, putting them ahead in games. PLus, sli is really the best with amd. Intel has just come out with sli, and it doesn't reallty work well at all.
By merely using nowadays on the Intel bit, you could have cancelled that out, because you can say the same of Intel. You won't buy a new up to date Intel Processor without 64-bit unless its a Celeron D.

Gaming doesn't count :D

Lord Kalthorn said:
Depends what you get :D You get a processor with a price that makes sense to be 64-bit, it will almost certainly be 64-bit :p All Xeons less than a year old will be, all Pentiums 4 Prescotts... some Northwoods... Gallatin, some other ones. All 5xxs and 6xxs. Most people thought won't buy second hand ones! So all the Processors they buy as Pentium, Xeon or Itanium, will be 64-bit.

By merely using nowadays on the Intel bit, you could have cancelled that out, because you can say the same of Intel. You won't buy a new up to date Intel Processor without 64-bit unless its a Celeron D.

Gaming doesn't count :D

If I were to buy an intel right now, about 70% of the cpu's would be 32 bit. And I don't know anybody besides people who use servers and the like to get a xeon or an itanium. Pent d's sure, of course, but you still a lot more advertisments for the regular pent. 4 than you do the d. I don't get your second part. "By merely using nowadays on the Intel bit, you could have cancelled that out, because you can say the same of Intel."
??? Anyways, most people who don't know much about computers would probably get an intel pent. 4 without 64-bit support, unless they get a pent. D. Gaming does count my friend because if it didn't, amd would sell half as good. :D

jac006 said:
If I were to buy an intel right now, about 70% of the cpu's would be 32 bit. And I don't know anybody besides people who use servers and the like to get a xeon or an itanium. Pent d's sure, of course, but you still a lot more advertisments for the regular pent. 4 than you do the d. I don't get your second part. "By merely using nowadays on the Intel bit, you could have cancelled that out, because you can say the same of Intel."
??? Anyways, most people who don't know much about computers would probably get an intel pent. 4 without 64-bit support, unless they get a pent. D. Gaming does count my friend because if it didn't, amd would sell half as good. :D
70%? Define 64-bit? Lol. Any Pentium 4 you buy today new for say... more than a hundred pounds, most 5xxs, any 6xx, any Pentium D, Xeon for more than £200 and any Itanium, will be 64-bit. As far as I am aware all Dell PCs with 5xx, 6xx and so forth are 64-bit; which is a huge bunch of people buying them. Perhaps that is 70%... I'm not sure. But I am sure that within 4 months of selling some 5xxs with EM64T, Intel outsold AMD's almost 15 months, selling 64-bit Processors as their whole topend range, in 64-bit Processors. So if indeed it is 70%, thats only because Intel sell such a huge range of Processors, for such a wide range of prices, to such a wide range of people, not all of whom even know what 64-bit means, very few of which would ever need it. Eitherway however, Pentium D is not the only 64-bit certainty :D

Do they sell good at the moment? :D

BAH YOUR ALL WRONG! Go amd because its cheaper :p. w00t w00t penny pinchers! lol, that and, well this happened to me while setting something up on my sisters compuyter (intel processor)

---
Installing Something
Computer Shuts off
Random MIDI sounding beeps
Turn on computer
More randdom beeps
Computer makes a very bad sound
Computer doesn't work no more

---

The processor overheated when I was installing trillian on her computer for her. Proper cooling and everything, only 2 years old, :/

Back
Top Bottom