Who wears contacts/glasses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine was very gradual. In fact, I would compensate for it without knowing it... unless I was really tired. Then I would have to close my left eye (farsighted) in order to make out the time on the clock, for instance.

Until the doc covered my right eye, I could read the charts and all just fine.

I have glasses but never wear them. I had contacts for a while but never got used to them. My eyes are still pretty good, though. I have passed the eye exam that they give you for your driver's license, so that is a good sign at least.

I have astigmatism in both eyes, and am near-sighted. Both seem to be minor and are stable over a period of years. I discovered these things when I was in about grade 6 when I went in for a routine checkup. Since then, everytime I go in to the eye doc's, my eyes are the same.

How does the driver's license thing work? My girlfriend, on her license it says she needs glasses or contacts in order to drive. But she said something happened with the test, like she forgot to mention she had to take it without glasses/contacts to prove she was okay to drive without them. She hasn't worn any glasses or contacts in about 3 months now and can drive just fine, so it obviously isn't a problem. But like I said, she goofed something up and because of that her license says she needs corrective lenses, when, like I said, in reality she doesn't.

When you say 20/60, what does that mean? Something about the amount of feet away that you can see something?

If I remember correctly (it's been quite a while since this was explained to me), when somebody says their eyesight is 20/60, it means you can see something at 20' that a person with "normal" eyesight can see at 60'.

I have them, but I don't really need them. I recently developed astigmatism in both eyes, but they only make things a bit sharper so they are usually off for everything except night driving.

How does the driver's license thing work? My girlfriend, on her license it says she needs glasses or contacts in order to drive. But she said something happened with the test, like she forgot to mention she had to take it without glasses/contacts to prove she was okay to drive without them. She hasn't worn any glasses or contacts in about 3 months now and can drive just fine, so it obviously isn't a problem. But like I said, she goofed something up and because of that her license says she needs corrective lenses, when, like I said, in reality she doesn't.

I'm not really sure what would have happened there...

All I know was that when I went in for my license eye test, they said that my eyes weren't perfect, but good enough to drive without needing glasses.

I'm not really sure what would have happened there...

All I know was that when I went in for my license eye test, they said that my eyes weren't perfect, but good enough to drive without needing glasses.

I'm not sure either. I think she was going to take the test without her contacts so that way she could prove in the test she was okay without them, but forgot about them being in, so when they asked she's like oh yeah I had them in during the test, and they just passed her as needing them to drive... when in reality she knew she was fine without them to drive.

Not like it bothers her. She knows how to drive and half the time notices stuff before I do. Only thing she tends to have trouble reading is license plates. I tend to read them a few feet before she does, but I'd rather see a truck coming at me before a license plate, so it's not a big deal. Hahaha.

i have a cataract in my left eye:( i have to go to the hospital and get it removed soon maybe in like a month when all the paperwork goes in, it really sucks because i can't see very well in high light because my eyes will water then eventually ge too bright. i can see everything fine except wen thee is a light in my face or the sun or too much ambient light. they really mess up the eye exam when you have one, im talking about the new tests where you just put your eye in that microsocpe thing, mine came out 160 i was like wtf? then he told me i needed an operation

im 187 years old j/k im 19 going to be 20 in august. the optomy said it was problaly due to a eye injusry or something similar because he was asking if i had gotten into a fight, or something had fallen on my eye, or if I had an eye injury before, I also tested positive for spots and floaters:):):) yeah so its also occours with younger people but mostly due to injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom