Who wants to build a comp with me !

english15x

BSOD
Hey guys im gonna make my girlfriend a computer for her birthday so she can just use the internet in her room, do her homework etc.

guys wanna help me build a cheap computer just for basic use

:D ideas ?

UK31337

Fully Optimized
english15x said:
guys wanna help me build a cheap cpu just for basic use

:D ideas ?
You want to build a CPU? OK, get yourself a protective suit, some silicon, advanced micro-engineering equipment, and a research lab. If you can steal some Intel/AMD circuit schematics, they might come in handy as well.

Jamxx

Fully Optimized
UK31337 said:
You want to build a CPU? OK, get yourself a protective suit, some silicon, advanced micro-engineering equipment, and a research lab. If you can steal some Intel/AMD circuit schematics, they might come in handy as well.
That was hilarious! I give you my props. :D

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
a cheap computer just for basic use? check out garage sales or ebay or something like that and find yourself a used PIII or something like that. It'll be sufficient for general use and you could pick one up for a couple hundered bucks.

kchi55

Fully Optimized
well i guess.. a cheap motherboard with a celeron processor.. 256 mb ram and a 80 gb hard drive would do the trick. the power supply that comes with that case should be sufficient for this kind of system

UK31337 said:

arent cpu's just transistors?

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
UK31337 said:
you know when they make cpus, they use some kind of wafer, well what is that waffer for?