Who knows how to do this in Linux? Linux Guru, I need you!

joxley1990

Golden Master
Well, I am currently running the Live version of Slax (Linux) and I really like it, so I was wondering if anyone knew any way of installing it to my hard drive, without having to download the replacement version, I really have no idea, Im pretty good with Linux, I just dont know how to do this if there is a way.

Thanks Alot

James

I think that u can't. Since it's the live version it probably doesn't have an installer. It shouldn't take too long to download the other version.

Thanks alot guys, and thanks for those links!

I think, I shall just put Windows 2000 OR Windows XP, and dual boot between them.

Anywoo, thanks alot!

Slax has an installer on it to install to your HDD. Just open up the installer on the desktop.

joxley1990 said:
Thanks alot guys, and thanks for those links!

I think, I shall just put Windows 2000 OR Windows XP, and dual boot between them.

Anywoo, thanks alot!

remember to install windows 1st. Because if u install linux 1st and then windows the MBR will be screwed up.

mammikoura said:
remember to install windows 1st. Because if u install linux 1st and then windows the MBR will be screwed up.
YES! That is right! Always install Windows first. Anyway, SLAX should have an installer. A good installer will automatically create/ resize partitions on your hard drive to dual boot. Good to know you like Linux.... stick with it! :D

Back
Top Bottom