Who else works from home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strollin

Knowitall!
I work from home full-time now which is great since it saves me a 35-mile-each-way commute to my corporate office. I originally worked at home 1 day per week, then 2, then 3, then 4 over the course of several years. Since I was only coming in to the office 1 day per week they decided to give my office to someone else and have me work full-time from home. I'm a software engineer for a large software company and I mostly remote in to servers that aren't local anyway so where I'm physically located doesn't matter.

Anybody else work exclusively from home either for their employer or running their own business?

I do. Infact I'm on the other side of the country from my office. I'm an engineer in a small Contracting company, with our parent company being in Texas.

We use vpn tunnelling for file sharing and rdp for certain programs.

We converse through skype, and i only know my "Boss" as he was my old roommate and we graduated Uni together.

Being at work, especially in a Professional position, is great for flexibility. I can sleep in, or go to appointments etc, and then come home and start up workng. 9->5 is now just get up, do some work... and as long as the work gets done companies happy.

If I'm unable to get to work for whatever reason, I'll VPN in then use ARD/VNC. Doesn't happen as often as I'd like tho :p

I do. Infact I'm on the other side of the country from my office. I'm an engineer in a small Contracting company, with our parent company being in Texas.

We use vpn tunnelling for file sharing and rdp for certain programs.

We converse through skype, and i only know my "Boss" as he was my old roommate and we graduated Uni together.

Being at work, especially in a Professional position, is great for flexibility. I can sleep in, or go to appointments etc, and then come home and start up workng. 9->5 is now just get up, do some work... and as long as the work gets done companies happy.
I've never personally met the rest of my team. For the most part they are all located in Denver, CO while I'm in N. CA. I've only talked to them by phone, chat or email.

I work from home running three different businesses. Essentially, I have a captioning/transcription business, run a tech website, and just launched a podcast not too long ago with a buddy of mine. Jack of all trades, master of none! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom