Who else is a collector?

I have a modest collection of Military (Mostly Navy) Zippo lighters. Used to smoke way back when and collected them from the ships I was on and it kinda went from there... :p

In case your wondering. I actually have 428 total...

Thanx... It's also an expensive obsession. I even went so far as to get a Collection insurance policy on it in case something were to happen.

... and no I'm not telling anyone where I live. :p

Too late, your return address was on the parcel with my cap that you sent :p kiss those zippos goodbye!

That's about the only proper collection on here so far though haha, nicely done. I don't even wanna know how much you spent on it over the years :grin:

Too late, your return address was on the parcel with my cap that you sent :p kiss those zippos goodbye!

That's about the only proper collection on here so far though haha, nicely done. I don't even wanna know how much you spent on it over the years :grin:

LMAO... Opps, kinda didn't think about that. Your not the only one to have my adde then! :eek:

Let's just say I could have bought a mid range new car for what I have invested

Hey now, my GPU collection hasn't been cheap. Most all main models of Voodoo cards (1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 5500 no 6000.....yet) and a GPU from almost every Nvidia generation starting with the 256. I'm only missing a few. I actually want to replace a couple with the top end model like my 7950GT for the 7900GTX (have the 7950GX2) and the 4400ti for the 4800ti. Otherwise I have a 256, 2 Ultra, 3 ti500, 4 4400ti, 5600Ultra 256MB, 6800 Ultra AGP, 7950GT/7950GX2, 8800GTX, 9800GTX+, 280 and 260, 480, 580, somebody is borrowing my 680 FTW, I don't have a 700 series (besides a K5200 which is a GK110), 2 TItan X Maxwell, and now the range of top end Pascal cards. I've also started collecting ATI cards and some of the Quadro cards. When I say I collect GPUs I don't mean a couple here and there, I mean I'm trying to have the best in the end of each generation or the rare ones. For instance, the FX 5600 Ultra I need to move to the 5950Ultra but I also need the fabled 5800 Ultra. I require a 295 and a 690, replace the 8800GTX with an 8800Ultra. I haven't decided if I want to grab a 780ti, Titan, Titan Black, or all 3. I intend on making a shelf lining the roof of my PC room showcasing all these cards eventually. Of course I have other famous pieces of gear like the DFI NF4 SLI-DR too, a trusty Athlon 64 3000+ in S754 flavor. Some don't consider it a legitimate collection and I accept that, but it's still a collection and when I start looking for the cards like the Voodoo 5 6000 it's gonna get pricey.

Last edited:
I've not ever seen so many Zippos in one place that wasn't at a store, that's quite a setup. I'm waiting on one more piece for my Diablo/Blizzard collection, and then I'll try to set everything up and take a good picture or two.

I forgot to add my scotch collection! It's hardly what I'd call extensive, but I'll take a pic when I get home :p always slowly growing

Hey now, my GPU collection hasn't been cheap. Most all main models of Voodoo cards (1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 5500 no 6000.....yet) and a GPU from almost every Nvidia generation starting with the 256. I'm only missing a few. I actually want to replace a couple with the top end model like my 7950GT for the 7900GTX (have the 7950GX2) and the 4400ti for the 4800ti. Otherwise I have a 256, 2 Ultra, 3 ti500, 4 4400ti, 5600Ultra 256MB, 6800 Ultra AGP, 7950GT/7950GX2, 8800GTX, 9800GTX+, 280 and 260, 480, 580, somebody is borrowing my 680 FTW, I don't have a 700 series (besides a K5200 which is a GK110), 2 TItan X Maxwell, and now the range of top end Pascal cards. I've also started collecting ATI cards and some of the Quadro cards. When I say I collect GPUs I don't mean a couple here and there, I mean I'm trying to have the best in the end of each generation or the rare ones. For instance, the FX 5600 Ultra I need to move to the 5950Ultra but I also need the fabled 5800 Ultra. I require a 295 and a 690, replace the 8800GTX with an 8800Ultra. I haven't decided if I want to grab a 780ti, Titan, Titan Black, or all 3. I intend on making a shelf lining the roof of my PC room showcasing all these cards eventually. Of course I have other famous pieces of gear like the DFI NF4 SLI-DR too, a trusty Athlon 64 3000+ in S754 flavor. Some don't consider it a legitimate collection and I accept that, but it's still a collection and when I start looking for the cards like the Voodoo 5 6000 it's gonna get pricey.

Haha yeah fair enough :p my comment was more on Nukem's being all ordered in display cases etc.

I forgot to add my scotch collection! It's hardly what I'd call extensive, but I'll take a pic when I get home :p always slowly growing

Haha yeah fair enough :p my comment was more on Nukem's being all ordered in display cases etc.

Oh yea true that, his collection is superb. I just figured putting money in other things was more important than brackets and shelving for a collection that'll collect dust though.

Ok! I recently set up a bookshelf my g/f made for me for Valentine's Day, and I started stocking it with my various collectibles. There are a number of things not pictured because they're on other shelves or boxes, but this shelf isn't full yet either, and I'm not quite sure how I'll round it out.

Attachments

• IMG_20170220_170528449.jpg
    IMG_20170220_170528449.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom