Which Video Card Manufacturer Do You Trust???

BFG Tech is my personal favorite, but eVGA is good too. XFX has improved, but they haven't had the best track record. ASUS makes VERY good cards, but only if you have a lot to spend. PNY Technologies is for the poor, but desperate. Avoid if you can. MSI, Gigabyte and Leadtek are pretty good too, but not that great.

I trust Albatron (which isn't up there) BFG, eVga, MSI, XFX and Leadtek.

I esspecailly don't trust Prolink (Pixelview) from past experience. (which also isn't on the link :p )

I have a BFG Tech card now and it came pre-overclocked and I'm very happy with it. Before that I had a Sapphire. It couldn't overclock for tophee, but it also did me well.

With me, since there are so many good companies, I guess I do tend to go for the cheaper one, yet, I would do my research first, and if its got bad reviews, would step up.

Evga for example though good, tend to be alot more expensive than the other makes.

MikeReiner said:
False rumors.

MSI has excellent packaging, in fact, they give you more than say.. eVga does. (as in they give you a free game and more software to play around with.)

True. But the reason I putted it third was because I don't find any in the local shops. One's with ASUS and the other is ripping us off saying AOpen is the best quality ever....while they're just like ASUS.

I have 2 BFG 7800GTOC and i keep wondering, y do they charge soo much for a little simple overclocking that you could do yourselves? I use a SLi configurated motherboard and im loving the way im playing my games in ultra realistic physics and detail. But the fact is that they charge too much for a simple overclocking, like for an example the BFG GeForce 7800GT cost $300 and its has core clock rate of 400MHz and a memory rate of 1000GHz, but the BFG GeForce 7800GTOC cost $350 with a core rate of 425MHz(vs.400MHz) and a memory rate of 1050MHz(vs.1000MHz). So y pay extra? I'd rather buy a better video card for the price from eVGA or XFX.

Here Is A Comparison (7800GT compared to 7800GTOC)

When i was shopping for a vid card the first time I read reviews like mad. Most reviews said XFX had the best support and the cards come with double lifeteime warranties. So i chose XFX becuase of the support and not the overclocking. Also my vid card came witha few games, so i was happy about that. And it's true about costumer support, toll free phon number. 24/7 i think. I did have a problem with my card once and the XFX website support people really helped me out. oh and i have a 7800gt

Back
Top Bottom