Which SSD to go with?

frldyz

In Runtime
1st computer build.
Will be used primarily as a home computer for basic needs. However.... A some point I might buy a couple games just for the heck of it.
I will be having additional HDD for storage of files.
The SSD will only be used to store and run programs.
Windows 7.
i7 4790k
Noctua NH-14
I will be running 2 monitor for sure. I would love to run 3. (Do I need it? No. But why not?)

The entire purpose of this goal is to have an as fast as possible home computer. I want windows 7 to just scream with speed when using it.

That being said. Which SSD card is the way to go. Money is not an issues. However I'd like not to go over the $300 mark if possible.

I've read some great things about the Samsung SSD PRO's. And thought I read something about a new Samsung SSD with 3D or vertical technology or something?

Thanks guys

First off, some people probably here will tell you, " Get windows 8, it's actually smoother now and run great and blablabla". I'm just gonna caution you, do not listen :p. Win 8 is terrible make sure you don't get it :). That being said.

This guy is great. SAMSUNG 850 EVO-Series MZ-75E500B/AM 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - Newegg.com
You can get 500gb for under $300.

This guy is a bit better. SAMSUNG 850 PRO MZ-7KE512BW 2.5" 512GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - Newegg.com

$309 for 512gb, or just get the 250gb for half lol. And then there is always intel too, but im not big on them. Intel 730 Series SSDSC2BP480G4R5 2.5" 480GB SATA 6Gb/s MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - Newegg.com

Look up: Mushkin Chronos Deluxe. They are supposed to be really good, so look into that. They go for about $1.06 Per Gb.

These are all the ones I'm looking @.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100008120 50001077 600038502 600038492 600038491

But I cant decifer the difference between them. Ive read a lot of good things about the pro series. But there are different models. 840? 850? EVO?

This is the one that really caught my attention.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3FA2EV1099
Because it was $499 now $287! But there are some pretty harsh reviews.

Help!
Thanks everyone for responding

I looked at the third SSD you listed and from the reviews it seemed to be a run of a bad batch. Earlier dated reviews showed very good ratings except for one who complained about the CS.

For now I'd pass it up. The price is hard to pass up but it'll be a crapshoot.

Got an new 850 pro 512gb for $289.
I read and it sounds like Samsung removed the update they had bak in February that was causing people systems to crash

I've had zero issues with both Samsung and Intel drives. can't go wrong with grabbing the cheaper of the 2 drives IMO

Back
Top Bottom