Which RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter7

Solid State Member
Heya fellas, I'm upgrading my system shortly and am looking to get 2GB of decent, quick memory. I have about £150 to spend and am currently looking at the following:

G.Skill 2GB DDR ZX PC3200
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/GSkill_Memory.html#aMY_2d007_2dGS
or

Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Corsair_XMS_Memory.html#aMY_2d079_2dCS

I use my PC mainly for browsing, music, watching DVD's, designing websites/graphics in Adobe Photoshop 7 and a lot of CS:S gaming and other various FPS games..

I was just wondering what you think the best RAM there is available in my moderate price range? Cheers in advance.

*PS: My spec:
CPU:64 Winnie 3200 @2.42Ghz
Mobo:A8N-SLi
GPU:128MB 6600GT
Memory:1Gb Corsair Value ~ Upgrade:2Gb CorsairXMS/2Gb G.SkillZX
HDD:250GB Sata
Case:Sonata/380 PSU ~ Upgrade:Hiper580WTypeR/SuperLanboy

Go with the Gskill. I don't really like the Corsiars offerings, with their 'tweaked' timings.

definitely G.Skill, and if u want to overclock get the black one, its the one right above the one u picked.

i was going to get the black pair, however the asus a8n sli takes pc3200 ddr400 and nothing higher, so fraid not :(

PS! ENGLAND BEAT T`N`T YESSS GET IN! :D

No, it doesn't matter. It will run at PC3200, so it gives you more room to overclock at a 1:1 ratio with the bus speed.

wot will the timings be at pc3200? the timings look bad, being cl3-4-4-8 . i dont know v much about memory, but how is this stuff actually quicker? lol

Yeah, you can put them lower than that. I don't know if it will automatically do it, but there should be PC3200 timings set automatically.

any1 else got any ideas? dont wanna buy it only to find out it doesnt work! lol cheers tho trifid m8

i got an idea :D

Patriot Signature 2GB (2x1gb) DDR SDRAM (3-4-4-8 timing)

this ram runs like a charm, i have it in my PC, and it makes WoW run completely great, with good settings. the good settings is probably limited by my ATI Radeon 9800 pro 64mb grafix card, but still, its very fast ram. i went from 512 stock memory, and now i get no lag at all in wow. i highly reccomend it.

its all blue with its own heatsinks too :D

-Phate

If your overclocking your best bet would be the PC-4000 ram. Reason being you'll get more of a preformancew boost with your ram running in a 1:1 ratio than you will on a divider with tighter timings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom