Which PSU is better?

Usually 30A will be enough if you're powering a single card unless it's something like a GTX or an Ultra. The 2900 is also very power hungry. But if you have an 8800GTS/3870/8800GT etc you'll be fine with one of those GPUs, but if you want to go SLI or Crossfire, then you'll need to get a more expensive PSU.

Yeah the power outtage is the first thing to look for.
Then theres modular cabling, something Xiggy said, but this usually comes at a higher price.

To tell the truth, modular cabling isn't really needed, as long as after building your computer, you take time in hiding the ones you don't need.

For instance, with my Antec, it has a nice gap between the first fan under the floor to put these carefully into.

You may also want to take into consideration the size of the wires, as a case that has the PSU below it, tends to need longer cables, and I found on mine, they weren't long enough, so I needed to buy extensions also so I could cleanly do the job.

Which video card are you planning to use?

Its gonna be running a 8600gt. Basically everything in my (new build) sig.

The Thermaltake PSU was my first pick as it has great reviews and seems like it will do the job fine. But now I'm kinda leaning towards the Cooler Master.

Back
Top Bottom