Which Processor is better for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoDS

Solid State Member
Ok i am building my first gaming computer and so I want to know, which is better: AMD Anthlons or Intel Pentium 4's? Please Tell me

I've actually been looking into this for the past couple days since i'm going to be building a gaming machine also. From what I gathered the majority of the people here will say that AMD AThlons are better for gaming than the Pentium 4's. The pentiums might preform slightly better for other applications but AMD beats Intel in the gaming world. Anyone correct me if i'm wrong but that I what I have been able to gather so far. I'm actually thinking about buying either a AMD Athlon 64 3800+ or 4000+, not decided yet.

iceshooter16 said:
I've actually been looking into this for the past couple days since i'm going to be building a gaming machine also. From what I gathered the majority of the people here will say that AMD AThlons are better for gaming than the Pentium 4's. The pentiums might preform slightly better for other applications but AMD beats Intel in the gaming world. Anyone correct me if i'm wrong but that I what I have been able to gather so far. I'm actually thinking about buying either a AMD Athlon 64 3800+ or 4000+, not decided yet.

What core are you going to get? Are you going to overclock?

I havent really read too much on the San Diego cores, do you know how they stack up to, say, the Venice?

THe San Diego is for the higher end AMD 64 and the Vience is for the lower end AMD 64s. When I say lower end I dont mean worse, I mean 3200+ and up, where as the San Diego is 3800+ and up. Vience and San Diego are both awsome, its just the difference of FSB I believe.

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom