Which notebook is best for World of warcraft?

elgnid23

Solid State Member
I was looking for a notebook that can run WoW decently(without lag) and maybe some warhammer online when it comes out next year :)
Also need it for school, but then I also want to be able to upgrade hard drive and prob upgrade to a dvd burner n the future. This might be a stupid question but.... wold it be possible to run BF2 on low settings for whichever one is the best pick. O yah i might add i play WoW on the weekends for atleast 10+hours, and I had a gateway computer sold that piece of junk on ebay. But ya out of these 2 notebooks which is the best for of course world of warcraft and maybe just maybe BF2??????

HP Pavilion dv6000z customizable Notebook PC $ 906
• – Genuine Windows XP Home Edition
• – AMD Turion(TM) 64 Mobile MK-36 (2.0 GHz/512KB)
• – 15.4" WXGA Widescreen (1280x800)
• – 256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7200
• – HP IMPRINT Finish + Microphone + Webcam
• – 1.0GB DDR2 SDRAM (2x512MB)
• – 40 GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive
• – DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive
• – 802.11b/g WLAN
• – No TV Tuner w/remote control
• – 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
• – Microsoft(R) Works/Money
• – HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope
Dell E1505 $970

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T7200 (4MB Cache/2.00GHz/667MHz FSB)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
LCD PANEL 15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLifeâ„¢
MEMORY 1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
HARD DRIVE 60GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive
OPTICAL DRIVE 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
VIDEO CARD 256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 HyperMemory™
SOUND OPTIONS Integrated Audio

If you have the extra money, go for the second system (With the Core2Duo). They should both run WoW fine, but the Core2Duo processor is much faster.

You will notice the benefits of the dual-core whenever you have more than one thing running at once. Even with WoW it will run faster.

For being less than $70 more expensive, the Dell is a great deal. I would definitely go for that one.

The core2duo is a great chip, I've got one in my Dell Latitude D820, but the hypermemory from ATI and the Turbo Cache from Nvidia both use system memory, if you're looking for a gaming notebook look at the XPS line, the GeForce go series all have dedicated memory on chip

mfrostbutter said:
The core2duo is a great chip, I've got one in my Dell Latitude D820, but the hypermemory from ATI and the Turbo Cache from Nvidia both use system memory, if you're looking for a gaming notebook look at the XPS line, the GeForce go series all have dedicated memory on chip

wut if i just get 2g of ram will that work too??? cuz i dont got the money for a xps or w/e from dell

Back
Top Bottom