Which laptop?

88lance

Beta member
I have no idea where to put this, so move if needed...

Hey everybody, completely clueless about what to buy here. I'll try to lay this out and maybe somebody with some experience can give me some good advice. I'm looking for a new laptop to take with me traveling. I shoot video with Mavic and Gopro. I edit these and am about to start uploading on a new youtube channel. So most of the time the laptop is travelling and most of my work is editing and watching videos. I'm assuming because of this I need:

-Solid state drive (because I have so many videos on it at a time to sort through)

-A rediculous amount of storage space.. 2 TB?? idk (again, a months worth of videos stacking up until I get to edit them and move them back out afterwards)

-It needs to be able to play video that was shot in 4K (I dont care if the screen is 1080P, as long as it can play the imported 4K video and then export it at 4K for the TV)

-Probably around a 15.6" (big enough to work on, but fits in my backpack sleeve)

I found an Asus at Best Buy:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-2...-matte-black-aluminum/5722614.p?skuId=5722614

Opinions? But as I mentioned, the 4K screen is not necessary, AS LONG AS the laptop can play a video on my editor that was shot in 4K, and then export it still being 4K. Doesnt have to be seen in 4K as i edit it. Maybe one similar to this but without the 4K screen and save some money? Is there a laptop that has what I need that you would suggest? I would prefer to stay under $1400. Open to brands and suggestions

Back
Top Bottom