• this post sux

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
QWERTY or DVORAK

Which Keyboard layout do you use? QWERTY or DVORAK? I just read an article that people who type on DVORAK are some 75% faster, and there is a whole movement for making DVORAK official. www.dvzine.org was the site that slashdot linked me, but it does not work. Anyway, which one? In all my day, and all my meeting of all the different computer people I have ever met, I have only met once person who used DVORAK, and he was a student at a law school. This kid was pretty 1337, he took all the keys off of his notebook and stray painted them black, and switch to DVORAK. this isnt the only reason he was 1337, but it was on.

QWERTY or DVORAK?

I use QWERTY, but am thinking of switching.

There is no website configured at this address.

You are seeing this page because there is nothing configured for the site you have requested. If you think you are seeing this page in error, please contact the site administrator or datacenter responsible for this site.

Link is bad

Yeah i know the link is bad, but it is the actual one. Search for DVORAK on Google and it will give you that link. Maybe it will become live in due time.

I wouldn't switch, but thats because I've developed a kind of personalized typing stye, where I don't keep my fingers where I was taught to (over the center of the keyboard). I keep my fingers at the bottom of the keyboard and reach up to type keys.

I do this mainly because it keeps my fingers from getting sore. My lower two digits are extrememloy prone to aching, and typing with them kills me. The intewresting thing is, even typing with a mere 4 fingers and two thumbs combined, I can easily keep up with my peers as they use the standard typing (One reason why I believe the 7% increase in performance).

Pretty much, it comes down to me being too lazy to change my typing style.

Interesting though.

not even sure what DVORAK is...where would you get an alternatively layed out keyboard, and why?

AFAIK you have top change the keys on your keyboard manually. Also, it is suppose to be quicker, more efficent, and reduce stress on your hands and wrists. I'm in the process of learning as we speak. I got an old keyboard, pulled out the keys and repositioned them. It's not that difficuolt, but I'm only a few lessons in.
http://www.mit.edu:8001/people/jcb/Dvorak/

I use QWERTY, and don't intend on switching. I don't want to have to relearn how to type again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom