which is the best anti spyware

They're good for free programs, but in my experience, they are beat considerably by paid programs, such as SpySweeper and CounterSpy.

Ok what windows componets is Spybot taking out?

He probably deleted the MRU List or some registries that were picked up in the scan. It says very clearly "These files are not dangerous to your computer" when you click on them, but he deleted them anyway. Go figure.

Anyway, Spysweeper is probably the best, with Spybot S&D following close behind.

setishock said:
Ok what windows componets is Spybot taking out?

I'm not sure, but it barely worked, Explorer didnt work, system restore didnt work (thats a real bummer that was), some of my files weren't working, and sometimes windows completely crashed randomly. None of this happened before I installed it and it couldnt have been anything else, I'm not sayin that spybot is spyware, just that its a powerful tool and you need to be careful. My system was so bad that I had to use it on safe mode, normal windows didnt work at all. I had to format and re-install windows, after several trips to a computer shop. I am warning people to be careful, I dont want anyone else to go through this.

Silvance, it was much much more than a few registry entries, it said that they were viruses, I configured it to only deleted known viruses and spyware, and to try and fix the others.

Microsoft AntiSpyware obviously Rules :D They made the Operating System! They know how it works better than the Spyware Coders, hence they will do the best job cleaning it!

And as far as I've seen, they do.

Yeha, I second that one. About time that they did one to. I mean, it has been out for a while, but still. i had ad aware and spy bot long before then. btw, lk, you back on now?

lmao, MS bought their anti-spyware program from Giant Software, they didn't write it.

Plus, it uses the same engine as CounterSpy, athough Sunbelt Software has said they plan to change.

Yeah I am :D

Well good for them, they gave the Customer what they wanted. Who is to say buying it and giving it to millions of people who wouldn't even have considered getting something like it before hand was not better than making people wait, and getting Spyware?

I don't really see MS doing much to promote it though. They could've put it on the Custom Updates maybe or advertised through the OS.

Otherwise, i think people generally learn from experience. They get a problem, they find out how to fix it, and they go from there.

Back
Top Bottom