which is quieter??

cuttersblade

Baseband Member
which case would run quieter Antec 900 or the Antec P182?

if you think the P182, how cool does this case run?

thanx in advance

The quietest case of the two is the P182. I have the P180 and it is very quiet. Ours is loaded with 2 SATA drives, a DVD burner and CDROM, Nforce4 mobo with 4x512 memory and things stay nice and cool. The CPU rarely ever gets much over 45°C while gaming. But then, we do have a Zalman CPNS7700 on it. A nice touch are the dust filters at the front of the case.

The Antec 900 is undoubtedly the coolest of the two, but also generates a bit more noise. It also offers more room to work in. Be prepared to be doing some regular cleaning of the dust bunnies as there are no dust filters and plenty of openings for dirt and dust to enter.

well i need a new case and it needs to be quiet, ideally quiet enough that you can sleep with it on and it not keep you awake.

so you recon the P182 is the best bet?

Yea, the P182 will suit your needs perfectly. With the fans set on low, it is darn near silent and I doubt it will keep you awake. :D

my old computer was really loud and i couldn't sleep when it was on. alhough the Pentium III (750mhz) was really quiet. but slow. lol

lol i sleep with my CPU fan running at 3500 RPM and case fans at bout 2000 RPM.

but then its no loader than my mini fridge lol them things are loud.

if your that worried u could always buy a fan controller and jus turn all fans down at night your CPU will run a lil hotter but it will survive

ok well thats the case sorted then, what is a good quiet psu, nothing too powerful, but preferably something with modular cables, doesnt really matter as long as its quiet.

thanx

Back
Top Bottom