Which is Better Automatic or Manual Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
all 3 cars Ive owned= Manual
Manual is not always faster it depends how fast gears shift in an Auto
Take your test Auto though as elbatrop said you mess up on your shifting theyll mark you

My Scion xB is the 5 speed. I have to say that the complete lack of power would be IMPOSSIBLE for me to deal with if I had a slush-box automatic.... I can break traction shifting from first to second, floor it at every intersection, and still manage just a tad under 30 MPG.

As far as the speed of shifting, GENERALLY manual is quicker, until you get to the higher end exotics, and also, the new DSG transmissions are the fastest gear boxes.... They are automatic to the driver, but actually computer controlled dual manual gear boxes.....
Read about it: DSG - What the DSG transmission is - how DSG works

Manuals are just so much more fun to drive, and the added bonus is my GF can't drive a manual.... :cool:

But, as mentioned, if you ONLY are familiar with an auto, then go for the auto. DO they REALLY certify you on one or the other there?? There isn't anything like that here (in Illinois at least).

My sisters automatic tc won me and I am in a 5 speed 300zx. so manual shifting is not totally proven to be faster, its the driver

I have yet to meet anyone who prefers an automatic transmission over a manual transmission if their auto has the option.

I absolutely hate driving automatic vehicles because it's just that much more of the car that you're not in control of.

i wreaked my first car when i was 6 years old 0_o....anyway like the others have said, take the test in the automatic, it makes it easier to focus on the little things they take points off for...also, manuals are faster if the driver is good....i totally prefer manual to automatic but thats what i learned on...driving tractors, dirtbikes and such....but take the test in the automatic

Also take traffic into consideration, if you're the type of person like me who hate dealing with traffic before and after coming home from a long day at work and having to drive a manual. It gets kind of ridiculous, that's why I bought an automatic. I can drive a manual and it's no big deal when there's little car around, and I admit it is much more fun to drive but after awhile I'm just too lazy.

I learned on a manual jeep, and i took my test in an auto. Needless to say, the test was easier in an atuo(I live by alot of hills, ther is alot of stop signs going up hills...)

Manuals are the only way to go. Not only is the car in your control, but you save on breaks and stuff. I can't stand driving automatics anymore...and btw I learned on an automatic (of course that was 12 years ago...haha). Plus automatics take the fun out of driving!

I don't think there's any fun in driving anyways. I drive manual (Fiat Panda 1991, don't laugh :p) Most cars are manual over here. This is my first car, after this I'll get another manual. Then I want an auto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom