Which Graphics card?

J03

~~~~~~~~
OK, I have a budget of £90, £100 tops...

Should I get a 4850 or a 4870? My Screen Res is currently 1680*1050, however we are getting a HD TV soon, so I might be gaming at 1920x1080.

I would like to be able to play all current games at high graphics settings, if possible.

Also, should I get the 512MB or 1024MB version of either card? Obviously i'd get the 1024 version if money was no object, but is it worth the extra cost?

Thanks Guys.

EDIT: Sorry, Wrong Forum. I've requested that this be moved. Sorry!

Well, i got the 512mb 4850, and it runs all games at max, and even Crysis on Gamer, really well, all games but crysis runs at 60fps +

all my games i play are at 1080p like u may be playing at on your new HDTV.

Want some proof? Check on my FRAPS recorded game play on my youtube channel. I have L4D, Guild Wars, HAWX, and Prototype videos up.

EDIT: all games played at Max, ofcourse, and no AA because its native rez.

lmao, I believe you!

I dont know if this is worth mentioning, but I will be running three screens... Well, Two on the 48xx, and one on some crappy card that I will need to get my hands on.

lol

the 4850 is in my cig, and it dual monitors my 22in and 37in vizio, works like a dream, even when playing a HD movie on the one, and any game on the other,

why do u need 3 monitors? lol

but u should check out my vids, lol, i JUST uploaded 5ish new ones from this morning. Always nice to have new viewers!

http://www.youtube.com/user/sniperviper21

still havent gotten the whole HD feature to work yet Oo
i think i need a better file to convert the FRAPS AVI files to other then MKV's

as long as the 4870 doesn't bottleneck your rig I would say get that with 1024mb ram

lol

the 4850 is in my cig, and it dual monitors my 22in and 37in vizio, works like a dream, even when playing a HD movie on the one, and any game on the other,

but u should check out my vids, lol, i JUST uploaded 5ish new ones from this morning. Always nice to have new viewers!

I do quite a lot of web/programming work, so it helps to have one with with Photoshop open, one window with Dreamweaver open and one window with Firefox/Chrome/IE open.

The fact that I have two spare LCD's helps too :p

Wait 'till September 10th for the DX11 ATi series.

ATi 5800 supports "Eyeinfinity" (Three displays at up to 2560x1600)

man i cant wait for those cards!

hope that my 550W PSU can support a single 58xx card.... Umma probably sell my 4850 for a 5890, hope they make a really good Toxic version for over clocking...lol

Wait 'till September 10th for the DX11 ATi series.

ATi 5800 supports "Eyeinfinity" (Three displays at up to 2560x1600)

hmm.... hmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,

How many dowwa?

Bugger, I wish I didnt know about that now! I'm AWFUL at waiting!

lol

use Windows Movie Maker or what I use, Virtualdub (I convert the Fraps video to RAW video files and then encode it to h264/MP4 for uploading to YouTube)...

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl ~ Oblivion Lost mod 2.2

Back
Top Bottom