Which graphics card support which motherboard?

Chayse247

Baseband Member
Hello everyone! I return once again to ask another question!
Okay, so occasionally my computer screen will flash white and after a few hours of LIGHT gaming, the screen will go black! It does not come back and sound keeps playing. I tried to exit the program using my that was outputting the sound but the mouse did not work. Everything had deactivated on my computer. I tried unplugging and plugging back in the inputs but nope, still a black screen. After that I was forced to hard reset the PC. Occasionally about 2 times a day this happens to me while gaming. I've gotten really frustrated and since my birthday is coming up I've decided to ask for a new graphics card and PSU. I've already got the appropriate PSU picked out, while trying to pick out my graphics card (MSI R9 270X 2gb 256bit) my friend told me that the graphics card wouldnt be 100% compatible with the motherboard (Asus M5A97 R2.0) and in result I'd get occasional black screens. I'm here to ask if that's true. I've read all over that Asus supports MSI but I'd like to hear it from someone who knows this graphics card and this motherboard. Once again, any help is very appreciated!

Sent from my iPod touch using Computer Forums

Its compatible. Brand doesn't matter. Man that would suck if you had to match brands across parts.

Its compatible. Brand doesn't matter. Man that would suck if you had to match brands across parts.

Thanks Jarl! I thought that that they were compatible too. Just needed to double check.

Sent from my iPod touch using Computer Forums

The difference would be the PCIe designation. IE, your card is PCIe 3.0 and the slot is PCIe 2.1 then the card will run as 2.1 which will result as a degraded performance.

Back
Top Bottom