Which Graphic Card for Vista

VistaPremium

Solid State Member
Is this a good enough video card for gaming and windows vista

eVGA E-GEFORCE 7950GTKO 512MB DDR3 PCI-E Retail Box

or should i get the new ones that are in the 8000's that say directx10 on it? for vista

It's your choice. What games are you going to be playing? If you want the absolute best in graphics, get a DirectX 10 graphics card. Games won't support it for a few more months probably, but once they do, the results will be amazing.

Look at this, you can barely tell the difference between the game (Crysis) and real life:
comparison018mx4df.jpg

wont u be able to play like fear , and call of duty 3 n shiz on a directx10 card, or does it have to be a new game made specifcally for vista?

The Direct X10 wont be utilized for at least another year or so, but if youre into gaming i would get it. if not the one you have is great

a whole year?!, halo 2 is coming out but it takes directx10, i dont wanna wait a year, so should i just get the one i have now, the one i have now is it good, the last one i bought was a crappy ass one i didnt know much about, it could barley run F.E.A.R.

eVGA E-GEFORCE 7950GTKO 512MB DDR3 PCI-E Retail Box

so is that an ok one? also will it work with an Intel Duo Core E6400 CPU?. cuz i heard intel duo core's make it so u need a specific motherboard ?

VistaPremium said:
wont u be able to play like fear , and call of duty 3 n shiz on a directx10 card, or does it have to be a new game made specifcally for vista?
You can still play them, but for graphics like the ones in that picture, it'll need to be made for Vista.

istonian said:
The Direct X10 wont be utilized for at least another year or so, but if youre into gaming i would get it. if not the one you have is great
Untrue. Crysis is coming out around Q3 2007, Spore is coming out Q2 2007, Halo 2 is coming out Q1 2007, and so on.

More DirectX 10 games coming out soon:
Alan Wake
Flight Sim X - already out
UT2007 - May '07
Hellgate: London - Summer '07

There's more too.

ok Would this work you guys

e-GeForce 8800GTS KO ACS3 640MB (Directx10)

NVIDIA® unified architecture with GigaThread™ technology
Full Microsoft® DirectX® 10 Shader Model 4.0 support
16x full-screen anti-aliasing
True 128-bit floating point high dynamic-range (HDR)
NVIDIA Quantum Effectsâ„¢ physics processing technology
Built for Microsoft® Windows Vista™

if i get that video card, itll play any games that are out in the market now and any new ones like halo 2 and crysis that come out in the future on vista correct?.

Also will this graphic card work with an Intel Duo Core E6400?. Or do i need to get some kind of "specific" motherboard?

Yeah, it'll be perfect. I don't know about "any" new games, but it'll play all the new ones for the next year or two.

Back
Top Bottom