Which gender on any types of forums will get banned quickly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Yes we have girls and there are us guys that use the forum, but have you ever taken the time and pondered if boys or girls get more bans or ip bans because of any such action ?
After using the interwebz for 11 years I have noticed not many girls get banned, yes they do dumb stuff like us guys and pull somethings underhanded, but it seems girls have a low rate of forums banning.

In your own opinion which gender do you think gets banned fastly or at a high rate ?
Please no trolling if you can avoid it and keep it clean so the mods don't have to shut this down within half a day... :)
I have been on many boards, and I have seen atleast 4 girls out of the forums I use to visit or currently at has been shown the way out with the door hitting them when they leave.

but they are always underpaid lol. and they make sure let everyone know about it.
it evens out, they get paid less but they pay less( tickets, getting in the club, discounts etc) and get banned less.probably because they dont hang out on the forums as much as dudes

I had a hard time understanding your exact question. I assume you were asking which gender had more tolerance in regards to punishment via banning on forums.
I would say that males would get banned more often and sooner then females due to 2 reasons.
1. Males, by nature, are more inclined to take risks and act out. We are psychologically more likely to push the rules; combine that with a strict moderator and the mod may not appreciate it and act however he or she deems appropriate.
2. The internet is largely influenced by American society from what I have seen. In American society gentlemen like manners still exist, although they are fading. In these mannerisms, women come before men, so you show women more kindness, and thus, give them more lenience.

I would believe that those are the biggest reasons, manners and psychology.
There could be many more reasons. There are so many variables in online communication via forums.

I have banned both and it makes no difference to me as they were spamming the forums.

I dunno.

I can't see it making any difference on a forum. Men usually only sucker up to woman if they are attractive. You see it all the time at bars, hoards of men waiting and waiting to get served, a few attractive females come along, push through, and get served. No one moans, because men think with their, well you know what :p

Probably not true as you get older. But at my age sure, attractive girls get it pretty easy.

on a few tech forums (not naming anything) I got banned over petty stuff. mainly MS fanboys that thinking MS can do no evil and are perfect. I would point out bad things about internet exploder and they'd rage so hard you can see it from the other side of the galaxy. One forum I was on a lot of people hated on me for using firefox and chrome.

I think that they are the underdogs now since other OS es are gaining marketshare like linux,osx,ios,droid,etc and they feel threatened. MS is still number 1 in desktop share, however that is changing quick.

Now the mac "fanboys" dont rage as much as ms fanboys. they are calmer now. they used to be the frothy foamy ones when **** hit the fan and now the tables have flipped and ms is now the foamy ones.

I actually am one of the most unbiased people when it comes to tech. My tastes appear to "change" and some people say "you flip flop around" However, I do not hold alliances with any tech company at all
I simply am just trying new things out with no emotional connections.

Here's the problem most people have, they emotionally attach themselves to a company and when people support a "rival" they go on a warpath. This is toxic behavior.

Remove the attachment and you feel better, and can change quicker and easier.

Here's the problem most people have, they emotionally attach themselves to a company and when people support a "rival" they go on a warpath. This is toxic behavior.

Yeah I can clearly see your points here, examples could be like ms, vs linux vs mac fanboy or fangirl crap.
It also can boil down to the other hot sensitive topics as of now AMD or Intel or what type of company does what with security products and what quality it brings.

Over time, I really don't give a **** about those things anymore, as long as the product works and proves itself successfull I'm all good for it.
I think mostly people are finally starting to realise when I say this off and on:

Which do you want from a company directy ? Quanity meaning sales only or Quality with good valid reps "no crap left in it to make it suck ?

I actually am one of the most unbiased people when it comes to tech. My tastes appear to "change" and some people say "you flip flop around" However, I do not hold alliances with any tech company at all
I simply am just trying new things out with no emotional connections.

I repped you for the opinion, tech is tech, not warring factions. You get ahead by looking at everything on offer and taking what's best :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom