Which drivers do you have?

Which driver do you have?

• The out of the box drivers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Driver from website at the time of installation

• Driver-holic - latest driver!

• The latest driver on the website before the "newer" generation of the product was released

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The OS I use does not have those, it does have kernel modules though, compiled from source and the unneeded extras kept out. Typically one kernel behind cutting edge beta stuff but I do have one box that has been running basically untouched for 4 years now.

i only update when i require a new feature or extra compatibility or there is a bug fix relevant to me. no use updating if it doesn't solve any problems or give you anything extra.

Ditto. And I have seen that some times the latest driver is not alway the best solution.

I have seen a few times where the last video card driver is suitable for the lastest game. However it bogged down the performance of a game that was slightly older.

I remember a few posts when Half Life 2 finally was released. People where posting on forums how the this on version of the nVidia driver increased the performance for Half Life 2, however it slowed down the performance of Doom III which was released 3 months earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom