Which CPU do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freechus9

In Runtime
I've decided I'm gonna build my own comp. I'll mostly use it for basic things, then maybe a little Warcraft 3 or Neverwinter Nights once in awhile. Maybe some video editting also. I was thinkin somewhere along the lines of Athlon XP 2000+ but...what do you guys say?

If you're only playing a few games, a 2000+ or 2100+ with a ti4200 or a Radeon 9500 will do just nicely. And if you're considering doing video editing, 512mb of ram is MINIMUM.

1800+ Tbred gives reasonable performance, at a low price, and goes out nicely when paired up with a powerful graphics card - plus it is very overclockable as well, if you decide to get into the habit of doing that.

good choice on going with a amd. I have a athlon xp 2000+ and it runs just fine. I know people with xp 1600+ and they can play any game they want

i agree with everyone else.. I think that AMD is the way to go.. It performs better than P4 and costs a lot less! But If your going to do video editing, ever thought of getting a mac? I'm not a mac fan, but I've heard, that's HEARD, that macs r the best for editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom